Leica M10 in the rain (at overgaard.dk)

Overgaard

The link works fine for me. I like to photograph when it's raining or snowing too. I often find people behaving quite differently at least in the city when the weather is bad which gives you many photo opportunities.

• Like 2

Thanks for this. Some very interesting ideas.

And here's a slightly on/off topic anecdote:

it was only when I took my newly washed clothes and towels out of the washing machine that I realised that I had also put my Sekonic digital light meter through a 60° wash with extra rinsing and fast spin.

Two months later I noticed that all the mist had cleared from the spot lens and the eyepiece.

I put some fresh batteries in and blow me, it all works perfectly – with only a very tiny damage in a corner of the screen.

I'd like you to try that with a Leica M10 and come back to us with your results please.
  • Like 2

Thanks for this. Some very interesting ideas.

And here's a slightly on/off topic anecdote:
it was only when I took my newly washed clothes and towels out of the washing machine that I realised that I had also put my Sekonic digital light meter through a 60° wash with extra rinsing and fast spin.

Two months later I noticed that all the mist had cleared from the spot lens and the eyepiece.

I put some fresh batteries in and blow me, it all works perfectly – with only a very tiny damage in a corner of the screen.

I'd like you to try that with a Leica M10 and come back to us with your results please.

I already tried - had to renew my washing machine ;-)

• Like 1

That's because you had one of these

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

... and not one of these:

• Like 1

to become more serious again (at least because Thorsten's nice report deserves it), I would like to stress a point which might be neglected too often: be careful both outside in the "wet wilderness" and inside, when back at home.

I once returned from a foto tour which had damp conditions and then I made a little mistake: because I had not finished the fiIm, I let the M6 stay in its original Leica-bag.

Now, these bags are designed like german cars - they fit with seamless tightness and keep its content forever: my M6 and all humidity enclosed.

A week later or so, I found the M6 with signs of slight corrosion (blisters) under the black paint of the cover.

Unfortunately, corrosion is irreversible, so Thorsten's rice recipe won't help for this part. The better part of the story was that the functioning of the camera nor the lens did not suffer.

My learning: don't keep the camera in bags if not necessary. Thorsten might extend his his rules of good behavior: no lens cap, no UV-filter, no tight fitting leica-bags :) 

Thomas  

• Like 1

On topic, I would never subject my M10 to anything like the conditions that Thorsten describes.  :o 

Off topic, but I had to renew my washing machine after this (yes I was in the machine...) :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I've tested a few Leica's to their limits in bad weather, and the Leica M10 a little more. So far they have all survived. Here's a story on that and the necessity to face the rain and snow sometimes ...

Enjoy!

"Leica M10 in the rain"

2017_0414_Thorsten-von-Overgaard_290-970

Thorsten, really nice article ! Thorsten, did the m10 start working? Btw I am really happy to see a blog from that day. Happy to say I was there too on this rainy day ! Like I said on the Instagram, you were shooting really bravely on that rainy day in NYC and the M10 had barely been out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1