Limited Edition AgHSC M10

onasj

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I'm poking a bit of fun at Leica and Leica owners, including myself, with this post, but I've always felt that the black plastic hot shoe cover detracted from the otherwise sleek top of silver M10s.

So here is a handcrafted (hand-adapted would be more accurate), solid metal, sandblasted silver-colored M10 hot shoe cover. It fits perfectly (to my eye), as it should since I didn't stop cutting and filing and polishing and sanding until it did. Total cost (not including my time) was about $15. Limited edition of 1 :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by onasj
  • Like 7

My hotshoe is permanently filled with a 21mm viewfinder (black finder on a chrome body, as it happens) - I guess my black protective cover is buried somewhere in the M10 box.

But as someone who just spent a couple of hours bending my own custom S-hooks for hanging a gallery installation, I appreciate your determination to get things the way you want them.

• Like 1

Nice work!

Is there any chance of shorting the electrical connections?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Eoin

Nice work!

Is there any chance of shorting the electrical connections?

I had the same question, but noted that there are other Leica cameras that naturally come with metal hot shoe covers.  I'm happy to report that the camera functions just as before with the silver cover on, at least as far as I can tell.

Leica M10 SHS edition (silver hot shoe ) [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgHSC stands for "Silver (chemical symbol = Ag) Hot Shoe Cover" but I like your name better!

Now I only need to get a corny corporate tie-in like "Leica M10 Silver Hot Shoe Edition, with matching Crockett and Jones Silver Handmade Shoes" and add a stiff premium. :)

• Like 1