Brightline viewfinder

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Thank you sir

No need to download the manual..................all the info is right here :)

Neil

No 21mm frame lines in M10.

You may download the manuals and more from Leica website.

Neil, you will need a bright-line external finder for anything wider than 28mm on the M10, ( as you would with any M come to that ), or you can of course use the Visoflex. In fact disappointingly I even find it hard to see the entire 28mm lines in the M10's VF and sometimes revert to using an external finder for that focal length too. The M10's VF is improved over previous M's VFs but not so much for the wider end of things which for me is an annoying fact with an otherwise perfect M.

I've often wondered why with the M, a camera that really is perfect for wider lens use, Leica has never really accommodated wider lenses in it's VFs. I've a Voigtlander Bessa 4M that has a great RF VF, works just as well as the Leica M's, and it covers 21mm too.

In regards to Voigtlander I've recently bought the VC 21mm Ultron with VC's 21mm bright-line clip-on VF, it's a really good combination that I am very happy with. I zone-focus with the lens and use the clip-on finder pretty much ignoring focussing with the M's VF, the depth of field is more than good enough to shoot that way, and I'm finding the Ultron to be a truly a great lens.