S 008

BigBabyEarl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anybody have any notes? I've heard from "reputable sources" that it is coming, but nobody knows when. Also, it seems like there will be a solid upgrade program for the 007, no word on 006 (although that would seem illogical). It's really a confusing proposition to upgrade now to a 007 with this 008 lurking in the shadows (very slow moving shadows at that). Leica has to be doing it soon with virtually every other camera either upgraded or in cycle like the SL. The general shame of having a 50mp Fuji for $6500 should be enough one would guess.

The rumors I hear around the LA area is the camera is in the hands of testers and it's very impressive. The new sensor is 60-70mp and this next part is crazy, the 007 sensor can be replaced with the new sensor. The people that provided the info are honest and reliable, I would not hesitate to trust them with any Leica information on existing products but rumors have no reliability just as verbal information can change when passed along.

Edited by darylgo
  • Like 3

If/when Leica manages to put the TL2 sensor - or something similar - into the S, the next S, with the (already) outstanding S-lenses, will really sing. Based on the TL2, the system will work fine at ISO6400, and be usable at ISO12800.

Does the TL2 sensor mean a Sony sensor in 2x3 format?

I am happy to have all the S008 rumors floating about, because I just got an incredible deal on an S007 (my second one) with <100 actuations.  Am I likely to buy the next S?  Most certainly since I have owned each iteration - but at this moment I have an incredible camera, built like a tank, that consistently takes beautiful photographs with a wide range of the best lenses available, that feels right in my hands.  Instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next best thing, I will be taking pictures and enjoying this camera with little concern about when, or if, Leica announces a new S. 

• Like 1

What is wrong with SLR? Some people prefer the user experience. The cost to manufacture is probably higher and that is a tradeoff for those who prefer the experience.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly, some people prefer the SLR, but I think the market is shifting towards mirrorless - Leica can't ignore it.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1