• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Big John
      Had the SL for a few years - really happy with it, great IQ. Don’t like the size and weight so tend to use it with ZEISS ZM lenses. 
      Thinking of switching to SL2..
      Attractions for me:
      1. IBIS for using M (or ZM) lenses.
      2. Improved EVF. 

3. Larger, higher res rear panel. 
      4  Quick view menu.
      5. Grip and restyling of body. 

Things putting me off - only 1:
      1. I don’t need 47mp. 

So.....thinking I could shoot at Medium resolution setting (which is 24mp) and also use TL lenses (to manage the size and weight concern) to get 20mp files.  I would use 47mp when the image demands it - so 24 as a go to size (street, family etc) and 47 for specific occasions (landscapes etc).  I know that concerns on high ISO won’t be addressed by shooting at lower res (due to  pixel density). 

Anyone else thinking like this?  Thanks. 
    • By LUF Admin
      Leica Camera hat eine neue Firmware für die Leica SL (Type 601) vorgestellt:
      Kompatibilität mit existierenden und zukünftigen Objektiven von L-Mount Allianz Partnern
      Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Schalter zur Fokusbegrenzung haben. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Schalter zur Auswahl der optischen Bildstabilisierung haben. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit Objektiven, die einen Blendenring haben. Verbesserung der Auslöseverzögerung in Gegenlichtsituationen. Die Firmware-Version von Leica L-Adaptern wird im Kamera Menü angezeigt. Verbesserung der Kompatibilität mit aktuellen und zukünftigen L-Mount Objektiven von Leica sowie mit Objektiven unserer L-Mount Allianz-Partner. Video Performance
      Verbesserter L-Log, der die aktuellsten Entwicklungen im Bereich Video-Nachbearbeitung enthält. Dadurch sind SL und SL2 mit dem gleichen L-Log verwendbar. » Leica SL Firmware 3.7 Download Seite
    • By LUF Admin
      Leica Camera has released a new firmware update for the Leica SL (Type 601):
      Compatibility with existing and upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners
      Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with a focus limiter switch. Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with an O.I.S. mode switch. Improvement on compatibility with lenses that are equipped with an aperture ring. Improvement on shutter lag in bright situations. Adapters firmware version is now shown in camera menu. Further improvement on compatibility with existing and upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners. Video performance
      Improved L-Log, which contains the latest developments on video post-production. Thus, SL and SL2 can be used with the same L-Log. » Leica SL Firmware 3.7 Download Page
    • By Vieri
      A dark and gloomy sky, with a storm brewing, over Podere Terrapille in Tuscany. A 2017 photograph created with my Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Thank you for viewing, best regards
      Vieri
    • By anrotil68
      I'm going to buy a zoom. I am not sure whether to take a used 90-280 SL LEICA or the new PANASONIC 70.200 F2.8. Has anyone had the opportunity to try them both and make some difference? thank you