SL body with dx sensor

tom0511

Advertisement (gone after registration)

At this stage, I don't think it matters what Leica presents to us. For the pros they are definitely need to be playing a long game. They just don't have the people, infrastructure and profits to justify extending their ecosystem excessively. It's more than just pushing out a roadmap of lenses.

So it might be a TL2 with an EVF or a new Q with a different focal length or even a V-lux updated.

I'm just hoping for a TL or SL body that can dock an iPhone as a monitor and network center.

Edited by lx1713

Why physically dock an iPhone if everything can be done wirelessly? I would be very disappointed if the camera were a giant phone attachment with no screen or if the camera required a physical connection to a phone for control.

Consider the capability of Apple's wireless headphones that connect easily and seamlessly with a dedicated chip for how well wireless can work.

Why physically dock an iPhone if everything can be done wirelessly? I would be very disappointed if the camera were a giant phone attachment with no screen or if the camera required a physical connection to a phone for control.

Consider the capability of Apple's wireless headphones that connect easily and seamlessly with a dedicated chip for how well wireless can work.

Excellent point. I was in a situation where I had to cover an event launch and we did as you mentioned. Each time I stopped, I selected the images and Wifi uploaded them to my client's phone (who was next to me to chose them). It was then uploaded to their iOS app via their servers, vetted, approved and then was viewable world wide. They wondered if it could be faster  :D

And I thought maybe with the iPhone as the direct interface and their iOS app loaded, I would not have missed some moments.

Maybe I could get Siri to pick the first picture in each series where eyes aren't closed and mouths are open : )

Edited by lx1713