What's in your bag? (Not a new bag thread!)

Fridtjof

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't think this has been covered, although we have bag threads, strap and handgrip threads, accessory threads, hood threads (pun unintended), lens cap threads, and others.....  I'm not asking about bodies or lenses either.

What's in your walkaround kit or bag?  (I'm also not referring to your main travel bag or whatever, which probably has charger(s), cables, computer, backup stuff, spare lens cap and body cap, full cleaning kit etc- Thorsten Overgaard's excellent full travel kit is here.)

My walkaround kit is:

• EVF
  • spare SD card
  • microfibre cloth
  • Whibal card
  • circular polariser
  • plastic shower cap for emergency protection (camera, not head)
  • slip of paper with name/address/phone number/email address
  • hat (can double as lens shade)
  • (intangible) insurance

In my (day) rucksack (mostly for landscapes):

• spare (charged) battery
  • tripod
  • cable release
  • more cleaning stuff, though not often used
  • variable ND filter
  • macro adaptor
  • proper dry bag for dire rain events and river crossings
  • (jaapv's suggestion) a small/obsolete SD card with the latest firmware.
  • something like a nylon bag with drawstring (which can be filled with rocks) which can be hung under the centre of the tripod to stabilise it

Anything else?

John.

The major thing is the camera with a lens. Take Your camera with Yor favorite lens and go shooting (evtl. with a spare battery ir it lasts a whole day). So do I in these days in the US (LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco). I bet, Your photos will be better than with a full bag.

• Like 1

Camera - Check

Lens - Check

Battery - Check

SD Card - Check

Good Shoes - Check

Hmmm

What's in my bag today is similar to this except the shoes... they tend not to be in my bag... I usually wear them.

But what is in my bag depends on the environment which I am shooting. Landscapes are different than let's say an event. I can't give you a list because it's too fluid.

Travel bag

Billingham L2 with shoulder pad/Hakuba backpack with camera compartment and side access

M2 with 35 Summaron

MP 0.58 with 28 Elmarit M ASPH

JCH 5 X 35mm film container + films loaded in each body

Sekonic L-308

Cura cleaning fluid and disposable lens wipes

Spare batteries for MP - one set

Spare AA battery for Sekonic

Japanese Tengui cloth - folded under bag lid (Billingham only)

Day bag

I haven't got one, really. I put one body and mounted lens in a Crumpler Pleasure Dome or Haven, and put that in a carry bag or just drop it in the back seat of the car.

I don't use a shoulder strap as I find them unwieldy. This does mean I have to carry a bag, though ;)

Guest Nowhereman

Yawn.

This thread is like starting a posting and saying. "this morning I went out and came back in the evening." Who cares?

Post an exciting picture, discuss photographers like Micheal Ackerman, or ask questions on a problem with your camera gear. But this...? If this is what interests you, you'd better worry about the mental health of your spouse or partner.

Really? Nothing more interesting in your photography life?

Yawn.

This thread is like starting a posting and saying. "this morning I went out and came back in the evening." Who cares?

Post an exciting picture, discuss photographers like Micheal Ackerman, or ask questions on a problem with your camera gear. But this...? If this is what interests you, you'd better worry about the mental health of your spouse or partner.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Edited by Mute-on

I am being polite: it was a polite yawn, to stave off terminal boredom...

Your need to point out your boredom is boring.  I found myself clicking on the OP's link to someone's blog and immediately asked myself why I was wasting my life on that crap and closed the page. This stuff is important to some, not to you, not to me, but let's live and let live.

I had to look up Michael Ackerman.  He is an interesting photographer, so this thread has achieved something beyond boredom.  Thanks.

Yawn.

One of the better characteristics of this forum is how polite members are to each other.  Long may that continue.  Be nice.

On the other hand, this sub- forum is meant to deal with topics relating to the new Leica M10 camera.

This thread has nothing to do with that subject and so it is completely off topic.

Maybe this thread should be moved to a more appropriate "chitchat" forum.

Moderators?
  • Like 1

On the other hand, this sub- forum is meant to deal with topics relating to the new Leica M10 camera.

This thread has nothing to do with that subject and so it is completely off topic.

Maybe this thread should be moved to a more appropriate "chitchat" forum.

Moderators?

While I don't disagree, many newbies don't understand that the bag or its contents don't really change between M models. Film vs sd card, is about it, maybe a light meter... so yes this is pretty much a generic question, but so is BEOON thread, and any what is your favorite lens on the M. Mods have not moved them to the appropriate forum (historical and lens forums respectively) so I doubt they will for this one.

• Like 1