35 Summilux-TL on the TL2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Darren

Did you shoot those night shoots hand held and at what iSO??

Neil

Hi Neil,

All hand-held, the couple from the Shard were through glass and I remember being on Shutter Priority aiming for around 1/100s. The aperture would have been wide open and I'd expect 1600 ISO

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Fantastic mate............but maybe you can upload the picture bigger next time..........1028x1028 is what I try to use

If your struggling to get it ask the mods to help you out

Neil

• 2 months later...

Reduce to 8-bit 

Reduce max pixel dimension to 1025

save for web and devices

save as jpeg max 500kb (alter % slider and check bottom left corner of box)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

save as jpeg max 500kb (alter % slider and check bottom left corner of box)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Curious for input from this thread:

I have a T (typ 701) that I really love. I want to round out my lens set by adding the Leica Summilux-TL 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens, too. But I’ve read such great reviews on the TL2 as well.

Is it better to invest in lenses since they seem to be what matters over the long term or invest in a newer model of what you like? That is, if you had to choose one or the other, would you pick lens or body to start?

The TL2 will give you more pixels to crop with and better iso to handle low light, as compared to the T.  AF is also improved.  Using it is more fun than the original T.

The 35 1.4TL lens is superb.  

I'm not sure there's a right answer!  If you buy either of them new, you are going to be hit by depreciation once you walk out of the store. Long term, I'd think the lens will hold its value better.

If you are intent on a TL2 at the moment, the pre-owned prices should soon be attractive now that the CL has arrived on the market.  

Rob

Curious for input from this thread:

I have a T (typ 701) that I really love. I want to round out my lens set by adding the Leica Summilux-TL 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens, too. But I’ve read such great reviews on the TL2 as well.

Is it better to invest in lenses since they seem to be what matters over the long term or invest in a newer model of what you like? That is, if you had to choose one or the other, would you pick lens or body to start?

If you are fine with AF speed and resolution and high ISO of the T than I would rather invest in the lens.

The TL2 will give you more pixels to crop with and better iso to handle low light, as compared to the T.  AF is also improved.  Using it is more fun than the original T.

The 35 1.4TL lens is superb.  

I'm not sure there's a right answer!  If you buy either of them new, you are going to be hit by depreciation once you walk out of the store. Long term, I'd think the lens will hold its value better.

If you are intent on a TL2 at the moment, the pre-owned prices should soon be attractive now that the CL has arrived on the market.  

Rob Iw

I wondered about the TL2 prices now that CL is on the market. I'll keep an eye on them for a while instead I think.