Anyone try this...

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://fotodioxpro.com/products/leicas-gfx-pro

Perhaps I am not the only who is curious about the Fujifilm GFX. But the idea of abandoning my S lenses is a non-starter. As enamored as I am of the svelte S body, it is the glass that make the S the S for me, With this adapter, I can not help but wonder how these optical gems would perform on a body that resolves at 51 mp. Shooting would be in manual mode. Like the old days.

Thoughts?

David

you won't be able to control aperture though. For me, I think, the S is more about the Sensor + Lens combo. You changed that you loose the Leica S feel. Just like when they adapt Leica R lens on the GFX. if those people don't say it's leica, you would never know....

Plus, Fuji's own lens is no slouch, a bit on the modern side, but well, it's all about resolution these days, isn't it?

• Like 1

Sensor resolution is not of primary interest for me. I just enjoy how the Leica S functions -and I do not even yet have an S lens. I handled the GFX once during a demo. It just left me cold. The adapter you mention seems to be mount only. Shooting at the smallest aperture does not seem very useful, or is there a way to manually open the aperture for S lenses?

I can not help but wonder how these optical gems would perform on a body that resolves at 51 mp.

I don't think that the step from 37.5 to 50 MP is very noticeable in prints. Either one is bigger than the highest-resolution monitor, so the only way to see a difference is by pixel-peeping. That hardly seems worthwhile to me, but others may differ.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You'll be shooting wide open at all times, have fun! 

Ok - so their statement

If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, it will stop down to its smallest f/stop by default

was misinterpreted from my side. S Lenses default to wide open, it seems.