Why didnt someone tell me about the Leica T

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A couple of questions. I will be ordering the camera next week so that it will be waiting for me in Kuala Lumpur when I get home. I'm going to order;

• Silver TL2
  • Black 35mm Summerlux
  • Black Vison EVF

I'm ordering the Arte Di Mano half case with the Lassio strap both in Rally Bordo (burgundy)

What about batteries, I guess I will need to order a spare battery?

Am I missing anything else??

Neil

Definitely a second battery.

60mm filter?

LCD screen protector?

Yes, switch out the neck strap and the strap connectors. The one that comes with the T is rubber and I would think that there are better options. I suppose if you are going to shoot with it in the case you may have solved that issued, but look into how your strap connects to the camera/case. Do you need to switch the lugs?

Edited by ropo54

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Definitely a second battery.

60mm filter?

LCD screen protector?

Yes, switch out the neck strap and the strap connectors. The one that comes with the T is rubber and I would think that there are better options. I suppose if you are going to shoot with it in the case you may have solved that issued, but look into how your strap connects to the camera/case. Do you need to switch the lugs?

Okay so the battery is a no brainer, I will add that to my order. The filter is 60mm right. I have 2 x 60mm filters already that I use on my Noctilux 3 stop and 10 stop ND filters. I don't like using anything else on my lens unless its a ND filter.................but that is good news that the 35mm has a 60mm filter thread

Now what's this about lugs for a strap............surly the camera comes with lugs for securing a strap??

Neil

Okay so the battery is a no brainer, I will add that to my order. The filter is 60mm right. I have 2 x 60mm filters already that I use on my Noctilux 3 stop and 10 stop ND filters. I don't like using anything else on my lens unless its a ND filter.................but that is good news that the 35mm has a 60mm filter thread

Now what's this about lugs for a strap............surly the camera comes with lugs for securing a strap??

Neil

Yes, 60mm filter for the 35 1.4 TL.

The strap lugs were proprietary to the T (that's Leica), so if one wanted to use a more "normal" strap one had to switch out the strap lugs. 

mtechtlug.jpg
  • mtechtlug-1.jpg
  • mtechtlug-2.jpg
  • mtechtlug-3.jpg
Price: $56.88
Product ID : mtechTlug
Manufacturer: Match Technical

Add To Wish List
Quantity

Description

MATCH TECHNICAL "LEICA T" STRAP LUG SET NEW!

PRODUCT # mtechTlug

DESIGNED TO ALLOW ANY (SPLIT RING ATTACHMENT) STRAP TO FIT THE LEICA T AND LEICA TL2 SERIES CAMERAS

REPLACEMENT T LUGS FOR THE LEICA T & LEICA TL2 CAMERAS

INCLUDES:

• MATCH TECHNICAL SILVER METAL CASE
  • 2 LUGS 
  • LUG EXTRACTOR PIN

PLEASE VISIT THE THE LINK BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT:

www.matchtechnical.comLook at Match Technical Leica T Strap Lug Kit for Leica T Type 701

Edited by ropo54

Neil

I'd ask Sejun at Arte di Mano if he can put TL connectors on the strap ...... it may come with them (mine didn't, but that was a long time ago) but if not you can get anyone with a bit of leatherwork skill to unstitch the usual split rings on the strap and substitute the ones from the nasty rubber band that Leica supplies .... ( I did mine myself) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thighslapper

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I'd ask Sejun at Arte di Mano if he can put TL connectors on the strap ...... it may come with them (mine didn't, but that was a long time ago) but if not you can get anyone with a bit of leatherwork skill to unstitch the usual split rings on the strap and substitute the ones from the nasty rubber band that Leica supplies .... ( I did mine myself) 

attachicon.gifL6001761.jpg

Gordon

I will ask him. If not I am away to order some 8x10 film from B&H so I will order some lugs from them also .....only $65...........Thats frigging crazy that that doesn't come in the box :( :( :( 

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Just saw your picture......I will get mine done the same as you did...nice job

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Fark.........I just got an email from the shop in Hong Kong saying that they don't have a T in stock and due to it being discontinued they might not be able to get me one.....................MISS COMMUNICATION I guess. So I am now looking again for preferably a UK based shop that has one so that I can get a VAT refund

Any tips or advise will be great?

Neil

I've been on this forum for over 5 years and this is the first I've heard about the Leica T..............OMFG those pictures in the T section are amazing. ...

Neil

PS if your looking for me I will have my head berried in the T photo section...............amazing

I love the "look" in general, though portraits shot in the "natural" film mode look to me a little gray. Easy to fix... I got my 1st generation T body for free, for all intents, because I got the T and the 11-23 bundled for $1600. 

Fark.........I just got an email from the shop in Hong Kong saying that they don't have a T in stock and due to it being discontinued they might not be able to get me one.....................MISS COMMUNICATION I guess. So I am now looking again for preferably a UK based shop that has one so that I can get a VAT refund

Any tips or advise will be great?

Neil

T or TL2?  

If T, there are plenty that are pre-owned in Leica stores all over.  Or, eBay.

Leica Miami is just starting to get a trickle of new TL2 stock in, but there is a small back list so there is no stock yet. Put your name on several different stores' waiting lists - no obligation, so go with the fist store to give you a camera.

Rob

Edited by ropo54

The pins that hold the strap on to the lug doovalackie are like the ones that hold a watch bracelet together, so a watch maker with one of those small vice tools can pop the pin out and then attach it to your own strap.

I am yet to try this myself but there is people on this forum that have successfully done this.  A quick search should help find those posts (I'd do it for you but I'm at work with limited time right now).

EDIT - Found it, see page 3 https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/228517-idea-for-a-custom-wrist-strap/page-3

Edited by mmanda

Will my S lenses work on the TL2  and still have AF......with the Leica SL to S adapter

Neil

I have it all here but why on earth would you want to put a S monster lens on the TL? I own all the adapters but in reality I use M lenses on the M, S on the S, and TL on the TL. I can see using M lenses on the SL or on the TL, but everything else it seems the lenses work best for the camera they are made.

I have it all here but why on earth would you want to put a S monster lens on the TL? I own all the adapters but in reality I use M lenses on the M, S on the S, and TL on the TL. I can see using M lenses on the SL or on the TL, but everything else it seems the lenses work best for the camera they are made.

I really do not understand these type of posts.... If someone has the lenses and the adapter, it is up to them to decide if they want to use it, it gives them more options, with more focal lengths etc.

To answer the actual question, I believe that the S lenses will not work on the T.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I also have no plans to put my S lenses on the TL2...........just asking the question :)

Neil

I really do not understand these type of posts.... If someone has the lenses and the adapter, it is up to them to decide if they want to use it, it gives them more options, with more focal lengths etc.

To answer the actual question, I believe that the S lenses will not work on the T.

I didnt want to sound rude, of course its up to everybody. I just tried to add my own experience (which can be different for others)-frienkly I could have saved the money for the S adapter. It might be different if the main purpose of my SL was to have it as a backup body for the S. But otherwise - what do I gain if I put a S-lens on the SL instead on the S?  Slower AF and a crop. I can see it for people who do not own an S body and want to use the 70mm or 100mm. But thats my opnion, not more.

To answer the original question: I just tried it and the TL2 says, that the adapter is not supported. So no, the Leica S adapter with the S70mm does not work on the TL2.

Just a thought, if you are having to wait for TL2 availability might it be worth holding off for a couple of months to see if 'Clooney' arrives ?........

the word 'wait' has a particular rather extended meaning in Wetzlar ........  :rolleyes:

usually a new product is announced several months before the alleged release date ..... which invariably means one per dealer worldwide .... then a product recall or glitch that delays further supplies ..... which anyway are only batch produced so the next rather limited volume appear several months later, by which time there is a long waiting list and dealers who have no idea what they will get and when. 

... and by then it has usually been trashed by the 'usual' reviewers as too expensive and lacking in the usual gazillion and one features they expect ... and they cannot comprehend any sane person buying other than Sony, Fuji, Nikon or Canon. 

ho, hum, get what is available now and enjoy it while you can .....

Get what's available, use it, order the new thing, sell what you have when the new thing arrives, use that til the next new thing arrives, ad infinitum.

Order the M10, enjoy your TL2, order the Clooney, sell the TL2 when the M10 arrives, sell that when the Clooney arrives etc. simple.

• Like 1