M10 with older EVF's

DandA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Although the Leica 020 is the EVF that works with the M10 (and T system), has anyone tried one of the older EVF's such as the Olympus EVF-2, 3 or 4 or the older Leica viewfinder used with the M240, to see if they function properly when used with the M10? I relaize if any of these older ones do, the resolution will be much lower than the current 020....but since I have a couple older ones, I was wondering just for very infrequent use with thr M10. Yes I am aware the current EVF's do not work with the M240. Thanks.

Dave (D&S)

Thanks for the very informative and prompt replies. So the 020 EVF is the only option currently useable besides of course if one wants to use an optical viewfinder for a focal length outside available framelines.

DAve (D&A)

• Like 1

Thanks for the very informative and prompt replies. So the 020 EVF is the only option currently useable besides of course if one wants to use an optical viewfinder for a focal length outside available framelines.

DAve (D&A)

Yes indeed.

I sometimes use a Zeiss optical viewfinder with my 21mm lens and it gives a beautifully bright clear view and is of course extremely quick and easy to use, but it is quite poorly aligned for an M10 so framing with it is very imprecise, even at fairly long distances let alone close-to. This is often not a problem depending how you go about using it, but it's as well to be aware of it.

Eventually, you will want the Visoflex 020, which I think  is a vast improvement over the previous version.

Edited by Peter H

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Optical finders or EVF ?

When I use some lenses with auxiliary finder (12mm, 18mm, 21mm for example) I prefer using optical finders that take place of Visoflex 020, so no choice here.

Only when I have doubt on the framing, I push the magic button marked ... LV , then the framing becomes 100% and favor aligning in the same time: magic of M10 :) .

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

Optical finders or EVF ?

When I use some lenses with auxiliary finder (12mm, 18mm, 21mm for example) I prefer using optical finders that take place of Visoflex 020, so no choice here.

Only when I have doubt on the framing, I push the magic button marked ... LV , then the framing becomes 100% and favor aligning in the same time: magic of M10 :) .

One of the many things I like so much about the M10 is that whilst it keeps things beautifully simple, in the matter of viewing the world that we're trying to photograph it gives us so many options that we can each choose the method that works best for us in each situation in a way that few if any other cameras can match.

• Like 2

No other camera can match the "simplicity to reach final goal" of M10 :wub: .

Every time the challenge is to manage "doing things in the most simple way".

Years ago I dreamed of this simplicity from digital camera, and now Leica have one ready (with M-A as analogue mate) , wonderful .

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 2