Missing Eyecup

Maxx71

Happened to me as well last month - I wrote Leica Wetzlar and they sent me another (for free).  I'd like to buy a couple of spare ones since it seems to be a common issue with the M10 (never had if fall of the M240) but I never received a response how I can order some spares.

• 7 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 12:05 AM, schattenundlicht said:

Although in itself an insignificant „problem“ I think it is hilarious that the official representative has to give such DIY advice with regard to a brand new 6k camera.

6K? I wish. Mine was over 7K. I think I'm going to proactively pull mine off and resecure it with gorilla glue. Forget the nail polish.

Edited by fotografr

1 hour ago, Photon42 said:

There is a Loctite for keeping nuts and bolts in place, which is not final. They are I think color coded - but forgot which one is which ...

Blue ?

[...

Loctite® Blue Threadlocker is of medium strength. Again this product cures fully in 24 hours and can be dissembled with hand tools.

]

more colors,here

On 8/28/2017 at 4:13 PM, jonoslack said:

Happened to me as well - keep forgetting to ask for a replacement, but it's not a big deal

For spectacles wearers it is a big deal. Do not want to scratch my glasses or sunglasses against the naked metal viewfinder frame

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nicci78 said:

For spectacles wearers it is a big deal. Do not want to scratch my glasses or sunglasses against the naked metal viewfinder frame

Agree. It would definitely be a problem for me as well (I'm using glasses).

There should be a sticker on the M10 reading: "All parts that fall off this camera are of a genuine German manufacture." 😀 

14 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Blue ?

[...

Loctite® Blue Threadlocker is of medium strength. Again this product cures fully in 24 hours and can be dissembled with hand tools.

]

more colors,here

Maybe purple in this case. But I have not tried it. My M10 went back to the mothership, as there was more than one thing to fix and it was only after a couple of months. Only took seven weeks turnaround back to (VAT-wise) remote Switzerland 😶.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, fatihayoglu said:

I got a free eyecup as well with the advice of small drop of super glue, which I didn’t apply as I am bit scared with that. It is a nasty thing, and melts the area it drops.

As has been mentioned in other threads, out-gassing from Loctite glues can fog optical elements. It would be useful if the exact glue type was specified by Leica, e.g., Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 ?

Many years ago clear nail polish was recommended to me for a similar function (spokes regularly loosening on a bicycle wheel), so it might be suitable in this context.

Edited by Nick_S

10 hours ago, PasMichiel said:

someone try the:

E-Clypse Eye Cup 34mm MX for Leica M10?

It was excellent on my M9 and should be equally effective in its new form on the M10.

are we to try it for you, or will you try it and feed back to us? 

• 4 weeks later...

I got a dust in the middle of VF and like to blow it out. However the VF is glued after moved the 3 screws as shown. Does anyone know how to remove the VF? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1