Did you see this review and these high ISO crops?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thorsten Overgaard did a nice job with this detailed TL2 review.

http://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-TL-mirrorless-digital-camera-review-and-user-report.html

I was really wowed by the high ISO crops he included.

That (along with the improved AF handling) has convinced me to upgrade from the T. I can't wait to break the news to my wife...

Thorsten Overgaard did a nice job with this detailed TL2 review.

http://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-TL-mirrorless-digital-camera-review-and-user-report.html

I was really wowed by the high ISO crops he included.

That (along with the improved AF handling) has convinced me to upgrade from the T. I can't wait to break the news to my wife...

Terrific review!

Rob

• Like 1

Really nice review of the TL2. Cooled off my desire for the M10 and now thinking of upgrading my T to TL2 in time. The T was always a great camera design IMHO and nice to see it finally appreciated to the point of compared to the M10. Other than FF and the rangefinder experience, and few other things....no need for an M.

Now, Leica, do me a favor and make a monochrome TL2!!!!!!! Please.

• Like 2

Really nice review of the TL2. Cooled off my desire for the M10 and now thinking of upgrading my T to TL2 in time. The T was always a great camera design IMHO and nice to see it finally appreciated to the point of compared to the M10. Other than FF and the rangefinder experience, and few other things....no need for an M.

Now, Leica, do me a favor and make a monochrome TL2!!!!!!! Please.

I am considering the TL2, as well, but with the "Clooney" rumor I might just wait to see what that is all about. I would prefer to have a built-in EVF which is of better quality than the current Visoflex, particularly after having being spoiled by the Q and SL's evfs.

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am considering the TL2, as well, but with the "Clooney" rumor I might just wait to see what that is all about. I would prefer to have a built-in EVF which is of better quality than the current Visoflex, particularly after having being spoiled by the Q and SL's evfs.

This. Exactly. Clooney holds me back as well. If Clooney isn't what most people hope it is, they might sell some additional TL2s. If, on the other hand, Clooney is sort of a mini SL at around 3k €, with a nice, built-in  EVF, SL-style controls and no iPhone gimmicks, it'll be worth waiting.

Edited by Lazytiger
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As a TL2-newbie, I was interesting checking it's high ISO qualities. Some night-photos turned out quite well, so I ran through a controlled test with TL2 and Nikon D500, with identical settings except that the Nikon image got +1/3 exposure in Lightroom. The attached photos are crops at ISO25600. The first is D500, the second TL2. No sharpening/noise reduction applied.

The third image, as a reference, is from the (non-cropped) M246 sensor. Same settings as for the TL2 and D500. The M246 is the king, but TL2 is very capable.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Interesting. What ISO was the 246 photo?

I would expect higher resolution from my v1 Monochrom than either my TL2 or SL, all other thingsd being equal - they are all fabulous!

All settings are equal, and the ISO is 25600.

I see that I wrote that the M246-image is non-cropped. It's cropped with the same ratio as the TL2/D500-images. Sorry for the confusion.

And for completeness, the full images from M246 and TL2 are shown below (ISO 25600).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by helged
  • Like 3

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Looking at these tells me that it is safe to set the auto ISO to 6400 on the TL2 and just shoot all night long...................need to remember to turn the auto ISO off in daylight :) :)

Neil

• Like 2