Recalcitrant C adapter

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Friends, to those of you who use the Contax adapter, I would like to know how easy you find it to remove it from the lens. I have had mine for at least a year and use it primarily with the 120mm and 210mm. Sometimes it comes off very easily, and other times it is real chore to remove. Usually the hard times are when I am particularly pressed for time. And so it goes. Do others have this experience, and if so any suggestions, tips or tricks to pass on.

Obliged.

David

I leave the adapter on the camera when I unmount the C645 lens. 

I feel it's tight but not overly so... just press the pin back fully and twist. 

It feels just as tight with all the C645 lenses I have, so it's not a difference per lens. 35/45/120/140/210

• Like 1

Mine is relatively tight, but then I did not use it already for a extended period. Compared to the original, definitely tighter - almost too tight, but probably better than too loose. I would not say it is a pain during normal operations, and I do change lenses easily multiple times when out and about. The lenses are lacking a proper dedicated grip at a non-turning place, which is mostly missing with the Planar 2/80.  I use it with the 35, 80 and 140. Nice combo btw.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mine is relatively tight, but then I did not use it already for a extended period. Compared to the original, definitely tighter - almost too tight, but probably better than too loose. I would not say it is a pain during normal operations, and I do change lenses easily multiple times when out and about. The lenses are lacking a proper dedicated grip at a non-turning place, which is mostly missing with the Planar 2/80.  I use it with the 35, 80 and 140. Nice combo btw.

I think the C adapter is one of the best things to come out of Wetzlar (or wherever it is made). Again, I have the 35, 110 and 210. Each is an excellent performer - not to mention absolutely reliable. And I got all of the lenses, all in mint condition, for less than the retail price of the adapter. For me, access to Contax lenses completes the S system.

David

I think the C adapter is one of the best things to come out of Wetzlar (or wherever it is made). Again, I have the 35, 110 and 210. Each is an excellent performer - not to mention absolutely reliable. And I got all of the lenses, all in mint condition, for less than the retail price of the adapter. For me, access to Contax lenses completes the S system.

David

As you mention the 110 - typo or Hasselblad? Got the latter, too, which is as well a nice lens. Easy enough still to focus on slow moving objects.

Cheers

Ivo

As you mention the 110 - typo or Hasselblad? Got the latter, too, which is as well a nice lens. Easy enough still to focus on slow moving objects.

Cheers

Ivo

Ivo, typo. I agree that the 120mm is quite special. And the macro function is a bonus. I am not much of a flower shooter, but an image of some roses, converted to B&W, is one of my favorite and more successful images. I think that lens cost me $700.