Will Leica unified all camera's shape to like M or Q?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Look at all Leica camera's size, the width are not that much different, except S and SL.  

-- M10: W x H = 139mm x 80mm

-- Q    : W x H = 130mm x 80mm

-- TL    : W x H = 134mm x 69mm

-- CL  : W x H = 134mm x 74mm

To me, the M (similar Q) is the most beautiful (and classical). I wonder why Leica can't unify all cameras to the M or Q shape.

Been a long time M user, since the M6. Of all my current cameras, an M246, Q, two Ts and a Hasselblad x1d, the M is my most uncomfortable camera to hold. Second to that is the Q. I still use them and like them for their ability and uniqueness and wouldn't want them to change much, out of nostalgia and fondness for their appearance. But the T and especially the X1d, a piece of art in ergonomic design in my opinion, are much nicer to hold, easier on the hands.

The first time I held M9, I immediately ordered the bottom plate with the grip holder, the thumb knobs, and the 1.4x view finder enlarger. M9 indeed felt uncomfortable to hold.

But after a while, I got rid of all of them. Apparently Leica M is very capable of assimilatibg its users.

• Like 1