Vertical line on M9 images

Peter_S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi!
Yesterday I noticed a vertical line in my M9 images. It is very narrow, and seems to not go all the way through, just about 2/3 of image height. It is not quite in the center of the image, but slightly offset to to the right. I have only seen it at higher ISO, here 1600.

Any ideas?
L1000029.jpg

L1000029-2.jpg

Edited by Peter_S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

OK, thanks, Robert!

That does not sound too good, but I see for now how it develops. Do you know if this usually gets worse over time?

I don't think it'll get worse (someone might be able to confirm this) though once I knew it was there I noticed it more... I couldn't clone it out in Lightroom very well but you might have more luck in PS. Maybe Leica will replace it for free, better to try now while they are still replacing sensors.

www.robertpoolephotography.com

Yes, PS works OK, Lightroom not. That said, it only seems to appear on relatively high ISO images that are slightly underexposed (on purpose) and where exposure is increased in PP. That happens not often, at least in an important/professional context...still, an annoyance.

I don't think it'll get worse (someone might be able to confirm this) though once I knew it was there I noticed it more... I couldn't clone it out in Lightroom very well but you might have more luck in PS. Maybe Leica will replace it for free, better to try now while they are still replacing sensors.

Yes, PS works OK, Lightroom not. That said, it only seems to appear on relatively high ISO images that are slightly underexposed (on purpose) and where exposure is increased in PP. That happens not often, at least in an important/professional context...still, an annoyance.

Do you have the old Sensor or the new corrosion resistant one?

Do you have the old Sensor or the new corrosion resistant one?