Having a nightmare printing in either PS or Lightroom

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeah: bla, bla, bla. All you're saying is that you're happy with what you get. No problem with that, but I haven't seen your prints.

Your more than welcome to jump on a plane and come and check out my prints..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Nowhereman

Don't threaten me with an invitation to Phuket :D

I'll be in Bangkok and Chiang Mai for five months from 18 October. Actually, I stayed on Kata Beach in 1969 in a shack — no air condition, just mosquito netting — belonging to someone who owned the whole beach; he sold it a couple of years later for $500,000 before the big Phuket land boom. We used to buy fresh fish from a fishing village at the end of the beach as well as turtle eggs, which you cannot eat now...

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

For Neil, ignorance is bliss. Others will at least understand the distinctions, which may or may not still include dithering advantages. No doubt the Epson driver has improved over time, but so has IP's design.

Another advantage of IP versus a more limited ImageNest approach is that it works outside of the Apple-Epson-Adobe chain, thereby avoiding issues like when Apple screwed up color management.... without explaining to anyone.

And no, Brian, I'm not Jeff Schewe, but I'd be a lot smarter if I were. He and Bill Atkinson have been among the best resources I've found to provide practical benefits for my digital camera to print workflow, along with a much better understanding of the underlying principles and rationale. Just the kind of stuff that Neil blissfully ignores.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

For Neil, ignorance is bliss. Others will at least understand the distinctions, which may or may not still include dithering advantages. No doubt the Epson driver has improved over time, but so has IP's design.

Another advantage of IP versus a more limited ImageNest approach is that it works outside of the Apple-Epson-Adobe chain, thereby avoiding issues like when Apple screwed up color management.... without explaining to anyone.

And no, Brian, I'm not Jeff Schewe, but I'd be a lot smarter if I were. He and Bill Atkinson have been among the best resources I've found to provide practical benefits for my digital camera to print workflow, along with a much better understanding of the underlying principles and rationale. Just the kind of stuff that Neil blissfully ignores.

Jeff

jeff

I do photography and printing for fun........ do you get that. It’s just for fun.

What I photograph and what I Print I like.

It might not be up to your standards but it good enough for me.......... you have taken the time to help me over the years and I appreciate it........ but I ain’t buying IP

Neil

brian I’ve alrea bought image nest for 200 bucks. Got everything IP has plus more.

I don't care what you use, Neil. I only commented because you made this statement, which is factually inaccurate, regardless of your satisfaction. IP offers more whether or not you need or want the additional features. I tried to explain the distinctions, and why it costs more.

There are lots of ways to make fine prints... and I do it for fun as well... but I also care about the underlying principles because they help me make better decisions, whether or not I'm able to take advantage, and I like to learn about what makes things tick and to put the details into a larger perspective.

I'm the same way with the history of photography and seeing what the icons have created,.,, it helps put my work in context. It's why I've also collected vintage prints and books for decades. You couldn't care less about all that, and it's part of what gives me joy about the process and the hobby. Very different creatures.... vive la difference.

But I will go back to not responding to your posts, as long as you don't offer false statements that directly rebut topics of mine. Otherwise I'm done offering feedback, as you're now repeating old ground (I guess you don't remember, for example, when others explained to you long ago about M lens names and their meanings). The intentional misspellings , etc, have gone from entertaining to just tiresome. Carry on.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I don't care what you use, Neil. I only commented because you made this statement, which is factually inaccurate, regardless of your satisfaction. IP offers more whether or not you need or want the additional features. I tried to explain the distinctions, and why it costs more.

Wrong again Jeff

IP doesn’t offer me anymore than what I already have.......... image nest ticks all my boxes.

I share all my pictures on here........ good or bad ( I’ve yet to see anything you have photographed) and that’s fine if you don’t like sharing your stuff on the web.

Please please stick to your keeping me on your ignore list so that I can do my thing and you can do yours

Thanks

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

All printed with Image nest and my Epson P807

64611b67d3ee5ec816db515d833850e1.jpg

199ad86320123f8bdaef7ab066fadec4.jpg

ebadb4a90ffa4e22ec9bd310277f24b5.jpg

13b8dc5a45a843bba5201d601e74a4d2.jpg

Amazing ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Wrong again Jeff

IP doesn’t offer me anymore than what I already have.......... image nest ticks all my boxes.

I share all my pictures on here........ good or bad ( I’ve yet to see anything you have photographed) and that’s fine if you don’t like sharing your stuff on the web.

Please please stick to your keeping me on your ignore list so that I can do my thing and you can do yours

Thanks

Neil

Perfect example of you tone deafness. Of course ImageNest ticks YOUR boxes. That has nothing to do with my comments about the broader distinctions and related cost, which prompted my comments in the first place.

I don't ever use the ignore list. I'm perfectly capable of reading and deciding if I want to comment or not.  

As you say, perfectly fine how I choose to display my work. I'm sure any sense of superiority I sense from your comment is misplaced.

Jeff

Edit...excuse iPhone post screw-up above

Edited by Jeff S

All printed with Image nest and my Epson P807

64611b67d3ee5ec816db515d833850e1.jpg

199ad86320123f8bdaef7ab066fadec4.jpg

ebadb4a90ffa4e22ec9bd310277f24b5.jpg

13b8dc5a45a843bba5201d601e74a4d2.jpg

Well, even on an Internet image one can see that the deepest blacks are not as black as the frames...

Very nice photographs, BTW.

Well, even on an Internet image one can see that the deepest blacks are not as black as the frames...

Very nice photographs, BTW.

The black in the print could be deliberate but with that printer, the Epson P800 "in the UK " it's easily possible to get seriously deep black as in "black cat in a coal cellar at midnight".

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

The black in the print could be deliberate but with that printer, the Epson P800 "in the UK " it's easily possible to get seriously deep black as in "black cat in a coal cellar at midnight".

Brian

Exactly............For me and for what I do the Epson printers are just fine

No need to fix something that is not broken..........if you ken what I mean :) :)

Neil

Like Neil I baulked at the cost of IP10 ....... I have an Epson 3880 and print intermittently when I have the occasional image that warrants it.

I also found Printing from LR a nightmare, and now use Print-Tao which works reliably, makes great images and can be used by a child with minimal instruction. Like NDW, I'm not sure IP would offer enough additional benefits to make me change ......

If I didn't own IP10, I would have decided to buy custom profiling gear, and that alone was double the IP cost, not counting the time and labor involved to make paper profiles for various lighting conditions. The rest, which is substantial, was gravy.

Jeff