Having a nightmare printing in either PS or Lightroom

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

1f7ae3beaaf1d1bf27887af479546659.jpg9e7d3ee7ffd29897796f3f3944eea085.jpg03ed0e33a82d1700f7f1542fa4aee109.jpg

I'm printing on 13 inch roll paper. I want the prints to be 13 inch along the long side and 8 inch along the short side...... I'm buggered if I can figure it out

Eil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My phone screen is small, but your cell sizes don't match your size requirements. You can change them manually, but of course you'll still have an issue if your image aspect ratio doesn't correspond, in which case you'll need to crop the pic.

I prefer ImagePrint controls.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

My phone screen is small, but your cell sizes don't match your size requirements. You can change them manually, but of course you'll still have an issue if your image aspect ratio doesn't correspond, in which case you'll need to crop the pic.

I prefer ImagePrint controls.

Jeff

I figured it out at last and you are correct the cell sizes are wrong......Ive now switched back to PScc and printing is now okay

Thanks

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Well I thought I had figured it out. On my pano that is 13x40. After I click print in PS. The printer fires up and acts like it's printing but after 2 or 3 minutes it's stops asking if I want to cut or not but it hasn't printed anything....... strange

Anyway I'm away out on the piss I will fix it in the morning

Neil

It just kills me to pay $1000 bucks for it..... I can't do it

Always the penny pincher... hahaha!!! Neil, you're the poster child for throwing money around.... and not just on photography.

IP is one of the most valuable equipment/software purchases I've made in the camera to print workflow. Big bang for relatively few bucks.

In fact, I would have needed to spend twice as much just on custom profiling gear (with a steep learning curve and time investment), just to achieve only one of the IP benefits, of which there are many. Print layout features are only one of those benefits.

Of course if you don't know to look at LR cell sizes.... the place that tells you your print size/ratio... then not even IP will help.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Of course if you don't know to look at LR cell sizes.... the place that tells you your print size/ratio... then not even IP will help.

Jeff

exactly

exactly

On the other hand, if you can miss a clear and basic setting such as this, it would be an absolute miracle if you know and remember to adjust the many other print settings in the LR print module and/or the Epson print driver (appropriate color management, platen gap, and lots more) to maximize print quality as you use different paper, materials and configurations. IP does all this for you behind the scenes... all you have to do is select your medium, profile and size.

Jeff

I can assure you Jeff I don't forget shit on perpous.......

neil

I've read your LF and film development screw-up posts. Since you avoid reading, I bet there are LR settings (basic and advance panel) and printer settings that you don't even know or understand, let alone remember to adjust for different needs.

The irony is that IP is designed to especially benefit folks like you....those in a hurry and not meticulous about technical details. Seriously.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff that ImagePrint provides a near-bulletproof high quality printing solution.  It has many features that I'll never use, such as complex layouts more suitable for professional school photo photographers.  At one time, every time I wanted to change a printer setting, I needed to print test charts, dry them, measure them, build profiles, etc etc.  Now with IP it's so much easier. 

I'm only saying that in the grand scheme of expenses associated with photography, particularly Leica photography, ImagePrint is a relatively small one.

Edited by erudolph

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Ive just downloaded Image Nest that is $199 for any size printer package. I played around with there demo version which is a 15 day full option copy and it works beautifully, I basically added half a dozen prints to a roll paper and "Bobs Your Uncle" it printed all of the prints beautifully 

Happy Man

Neil

• 1 month later...

I've read your LF and film development screw-up posts. Since you avoid reading, I bet there are LR settings (basic and advance panel) and printer settings that you don't even know or understand, let alone remember to adjust for different needs.

The irony is that IP is designed to especially benefit folks like you....those in a hurry and not meticulous about technical details. Seriously.

Jeff

Seriously Neil just listen to Jeff S. I thought IP10 was expensive which it obviously is but for ease of use and quality of print it is worth the money. Compare the cost to how much you have spent on the rest of your gear.If that does not do it work out the cost of a scraped A2 print in paper/ink/and time plus frustration.In real terms I find IP great value for money.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Seriously Neil just listen to Jeff S. I thought IP10 was expensive which it obviously is but for ease of use and quality of print it is worth the money. Compare the cost to how much you have spent on the rest of your gear.If that does not do it work out the cost of a scraped A2 print in paper/ink/and time plus frustration.In real terms I find IP great value for money.

brian I’ve alrea bought image nest for 200 bucks. Got everything IP has plus more. It’s also only 200 bucks for any size printer

Neil