The Mehane Yehuda Market (souk) in Jerusalem, celebrated with Portra 400

A miller

It's rare I come here Adam and sincerily all the series are superb !

Superb color, superb contrast , superb definition,superb framing

Bravo the photographer , bravo Leica M-A and bravo Kodak Portra 400

and one important point "softness"  when watching with no agressivity

for eyes *.

Bravo !

Best

Henry

* except the digitalization by the scanner who gives a "digital" rendering with a certain little sharpness

to the pictures

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 3

It's rare I come here Adam and sincerily all the series are superb !

Superb color, superb contrast , superb definition,superb framing

Bravo the photographer , bravo Leica M-A and bravo Kodak Portra 400

and one important point "softness"  when watching with no agressivity

for eyes *.

Bravo !

Best

Henry

* except the digitalization by the scanner who gives a "digital" rendering with a certain little sharpness

to the pictures

Thanks a lot, Henry. I will be here for a while adding to this thread (although with less photos per post so as to not cause Andy Barton any overage charges on his economy-grade data package ) with this thread so please come back and visit! :)

I was at this market today - so much to see and soak in. We were also there on Friday at about 1pm which is the time if the week when the market is at its peak in terms of people. We literally couldnt move on our own through the market and we herded by the cheer forced of the mass of the crowd. I felt like i was in a washing machine!!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, Henry. I will be here for a while adding to this thread (although with less photos per post so as to not cause Andy Barton any overage charges on his economy-grade data package ) with this thread so please come back and visit! :)

There is no need to take a swipe at a moderator for reminding you of forum rules. There is a world outside NYC without 4G and broadband, even in the rural areas of the USA I believe, and we do not want to inconvenience less "fortunate" members on an international forum.

• Like 1

There is no need to take a swipe at a moderator for reminding you of forum rules. There is a world outside NYC without 4G and broadband, even in the rural areas of the USA I believe, and we do not want to inconvenience less "fortunate" members on an international forum.

Hey Jaap- what forum rule am I violating?  Can you please copy and paste the specific test of the said rule in your reply?  Many thanks.

Edited by A miller

more.  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 15

Hey Jaap- what forum rule am I violating?  Can you please copy and paste the specific test of the said rule in your reply?  Many thanks.

Maximally 1000 KB/post for sponsoring members, 500 KB for regular members. Click "more reply options" and you'll find the spec.

Prerequisite for placing a photo is that it has been made with Leica equipment and/or has a strong relationship to a Leica subject. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the use of Leica lenses on third party bodies, Leica lenses on Leica partner cameras (e.g. Panasonic) and the use of third party lenses on Leica bodies. In general, photographs taken without the use of Leica equipment are not permitted.

The maximum image size is 1280 x 1280 pixels and with a file size not exceeding 500 kB per Post.

As a sign of respect towards users having no broadband internet access a single post should not contain more than three photos.

Great pictures, I enjoyed watching them, thx for sharing.

But now I am curious, how did you manage, to get so many photos in one post ? I always go nuts when I have to 

add photo by photo, post by post - I just do not know, how to produce a series in this forum.

BRGDS

Christof

• Like 1

"As a sign of respect towards users having no broadband internet access a single post should not contain more than three photos."

This is interesting, as I had have never known about this.  But what does it really mean?  Does his mean that three photos is max even if they are cumulatively below the 500MB/1000MB max file size?  And what is the rule really trying to accomplish in this day and age???  After all, we are all LEICA users!

Secondly, as I explained to dear Andy (who, talking about showing respect to other form members, impulsively delated my post and left me a terse and (even for a New Yorker) rude message that (i) assumed that I was out to trick the forum and (ii) disregarded the time and effort that I invested in creating this thread which will surely enrich the forum as it typically always does), .   IHow old is this "out of respect rule" rule, anyway?  And what does the rule accomplish?  How does viewing ten photos in a single post require more data than viewing ten photos in ten successive posts????   I'm not a tech person, but this makes no sense!

I do this all of the time; dozens of times, with unfettered impunity; and no one has ever cited this "out of respect" rule.

Here is one example of a post I which I re-attached MANY more photos that the one in this thread.  It was viewed by all moderators.  No one said anything.  Quite the opposite, it was a rocking popular and celebrated post by all; no one complained about having their data plan crashed... :blink:

Example photos, you ask??

He, he,  :)...you're welcome...  :)

Ya'll don't all go out and buy the lens it at once, now, you'll be bound to push up the prices  :)  :)

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/265598-leica-summaron-28-just-announced-and-listed-merged/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3133786

Now I love Stuart to death and he is a dear friend, but he just added 4 photos to a single post the other day:

In the financial district of Manhattan - You can see behavior like this every day in which weather permits, and sometimes when the weather is horrid.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/275643-tourists-feel-free-to-add-some/

What's with the selective application of the rules?  Is it because my post above was about Israel???  Sorry, I am really at a loss!

I think you guys should just settle down and try harder to enjoy your August.  If there is a perceived technical problem with the manner in which a post was made, please try to be on your best behavior and approach people with the respect that they deserve, and not come across as dictatorial, which many forum members (especially paying ones) like me don't react well to.

Maximally 1000 KB/post for sponsoring members, 500 KB for regular members. Click "more reply options" and you'll find the spec.

Thanks, Pop.  As I explained about, these photos already exist on the forum's server, and I was simply re-pasting them in this post with the feature described above.  So the "max filed size upload rule" doesn't apply.

Edited by jaapv

Now let's celebrate Leica, Portra 400 and Jerusalem (three photos at a time)! :)

M-A, 28mm elmarit pre-asph

• Like 13

"As a sign of respect towards users having no broadband internet access a single post should not contain more than three photos."

​This is interesting, as I had have never known about this.  But what does it really mean?  Does his mean that three photos is max even if they are cumulatively below the 500MB/1000MB max file size?  And what is the rule really trying to accomplish in this day and age???  After all, we are all LEICA users!

Secondly, as I explained to dear Andy (who, talking about showing respect to other form members, impulsively delated my post and left me a terse and (even for a New Yorker) rude message that (i) assumed that I was out to trick the forum and (ii) disregarded the time and effort that I invested in creating this thread which will surely enrich the forum as it typically always does), And what does the rule accomplish?  How does viewing ten photos in a single post require more data than viewing ten photos in ten successive posts????   I'm not a tech person, but this makes no sense!

I do this all of the time; dozens of times, with unfettered impunity; and no one has ever cited this "out of respect" rule.

Here is one example of a post I which I re-attached MANY more photos that the one in this thread.  It was viewed by all moderators.  No one said anything.  Quite the opposite, it was a rocking popular and celebrated post by all; no one complained about having their data plan crashed... :blink:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/265598-leica-summaron-28-just-announced-and-listed-merged/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3133786

Now I love Stuart to death and he is a dear friend, but he just added 4 photos to a single post the other day:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/275643-tourists-feel-free-to-add-some/

What's with the selective application of the rules?  Is it because my post above was about Israel???  Sorry, I am really at a loss!

I think you guys should just settle down and try harder to enjoy your August.  If there is a perceived technical problem with the manner in which a post was made, please try to be on your best behavior and approach people with the respect that they deserve, and not come across as dictatorial, which many forum members (especially paying ones) like me don't react well to.

Thanks, Pop.  As I explained about, these photos already exist on the forum's server, and I was simply re-pasting them in this post with the feature described above.  So the "max filed size upload rule" doesn't apply.

If you are on a slow connection such a post will freeze the forum. It is not about storage on the forum server.

Should you want the rule changed apply to Andreas. Finding a loophole in the forum software does not invalidate the intention, it is not a tax return.

I must admit that the three image rule is not really applied by me, it is the total size of the post that is of concern.

Out of courtesy towards members with slowish internet connections and those on a data plan, we ask members to keep their posts below 500kB; the limit is extended to 1MB for premium members. 

The post by Stuart which you mentioned above is a bit under 700kB, i.e. smaller than every single picture in your large post above. Besides, I've yet to see one single post by Stuart where he fails in kindness or courtesy.

We - the moderators of this forum - usually remove posts which exceed the limits. However, as neither the forum nor the browser offers any means to determine the size of the post, we fail to catch some of them in time, or even to catch them at all. Such is life.

In this case, you have been asked to keep to the limit; you have been given the reasons for those limits. It's not that big of a deal to try and comply with those rules.

• Like 2

Hi Christoph - Many thanks for your post!  As for you question, I don't think my method of efficiently populating posts is relevant because it has today officially been deemed a "loophole" that is not intended and thus not allowed.  FWIW, I described it in my post above to Jaap.

Great pictures, I enjoyed watching them, thx for sharing.

But now I am curious, how did you manage, to get so many photos in one post ? I always go nuts when I have to 

add photo by photo, post by post - I just do not know, how to produce a series in this forum.

BRGDS

Christof

Many thanks, Jacques :)

Very nice report unusual, I very much liked, thank you.

Jacques

Sincere thanks, Paul ;)

Brilliant pictures Adam - great photography and we need more like this on the forum!!

• Like 6

Kodak Ektar  :wub:

Edited by A miller
  • Like 4

"Mehane Mehuda Market"

Vibrant, understated, even distant. Texture and rhythm, captured. Your "photo montage" of 23 images invites reading them as a cine-roman, a short poetic film. These are images with the sounds of life, the ambience of living. Record a soundtrack for two minutes on an iPhone, walking through the market. Listen to it later, and be surprised with the soundtrack of your photographs. The sound of what we take for granted, the nothingness that escapes us. But captured in your photographs. And then to the 23 images of your montage, you add two additional images, one of significance: the young couple having an intimate moment between them. Should this be the narrative frame of your cine-roman? The majority of your other photographs play on people in isolation, not relating to one another. You capture them in their transit. Stolen moments. I am reminded of Chris Marker's photographs of subway "Passengers ." In your short film, are you reading a poem in voiceover narrative? Is the young couple recounting some moment from the past?

I know I have taken too much liberty, but it is all your fault. You have formed a very fruitful, creative alliance with your M-A! Applause, applause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5