TL2 quick start video course worth the price?

I've seen it advertised on Thorstens site, but can't comment on the actual course as I have not done it.

Its kinda tricky to know if it will suit when there's not much of a description of the content.  Have you done any of his courses before? Are you a fan of Thorstens and like how he communicates in his other videos etc?  I think that is about the only way of judging if it will suit you.

I would LOVE to travel to a city and do one of his workshops one day, by all accounts participants get lots of out of it and I think it would be a great experience (even if it meant selling a kidney to afford an M camera after it :) )

Edited by mmanda

Thanks for the responses. Sometimes I find that some people discover tips and tricks outside of the manual that may be helpful

Absolutely.  It's a tough one especially with this camera for it's ease of use.  Have you got $179 burning a hole in your paypal account?   :p

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the responses. Sometimes I find that some people discover tips and tricks outside of the manual that may be helpful

You'll also find lots of tips within this Leica T forum which are not mentioned in the Leica TL2 instruction manual. The TL2 is a very intuitive camera to use and I know of several users who've found it so intuitive that they've hardly needed to read the manual. As with any mirrorless camera, one of the T/TL/TL2's greatest strengths is the cameras' ability to use a multitude of legacy lenses … and with a little homework it's easy to find out which adapters are needed for those lenses. If you have $179 spare, consider buying an adapter or two and a couple of legacy lenses and have some fun with the camera. Lots of photographers do buy video courses but most photographers do not need them. When all's said and done, most cameras all work the same way … it's a bit like driving a car … and most drivers don't need a 'how to drive it' video every time they change their car … unless they're complete rookies, or obsessed, or have G.A.S. … and have to buy everything possible ... just in case they might need it.  If you're unsure about any aspect of photography, consider watching the relevant YouTube videos. There will likely be several new 'in-depth' TL2 reviews available soon which will provide a wealth of knowledge about the TL2. Watch out for the Macfilos review which will likely be released on the Macfilos blog soon ... and read Leica Forum member and Leica beta tester Jono Slack's original TL2 review. You've likely already read Thorsten's excellent review which contains lots of tips and ideas to explore. Beware of printed magazine reviews because they have to conform to allocated printed page space and may therefore be rather incomplete - as well as wasting space by printing some reviewers' anti-Leica opinions and their unnecessary but apparently obligatory 'magazine speak' journalese. The best way to learn how to use a camera is to keep using it and learn from your mistakes ... and posting a few images on the forum could provide you with some feedback and tips … especially if you ask for forum members' opinions. 

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

The video is on at half-price at present (August 30, 2017)... I don't know how long the sale will last.

I've looked at the video (actually 8 mini videos).

I imagine most people will find some items of interest and use.

Those new to the T / TL / TL2 will find the video especially useful.

Advanced users will find less that appeals to them ... less to gain.

Yes, the vast majority of the video applies to all three models.