TL2 to iPad or iPhone with USB C to Lightning Cable?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey all! 

While anxiously waiting for this camera to become available, I was wonder if you can connect the TL2 directly to an iPhone or iPad using a Lightning to USB-C cable to import photos. Not sure is there is some kind of active component in the camera adapter that Apple sells, or if you'll be to import simply with this cable. Thanks in advanced!

Michael, I recently got an IPad Pro, hoping to use it to transfer my files when traveling instead of taking a Laptop. I asked this question in Apple store and no one could help. They have an adapter for SD card that import your photos to your Apple photo folder. This was not exactely what I wanted.

After some research in the internet, I finally got for about $12, an adapter for SD Card. (The one in Apple store was much more expensive)

It works perfectly. You put the lightning of the adapter in the IPad and then the SD card in the adapter. This is how it creates a folder in the IPad where the photos are transferred. When I checked them on my IPad, I just saw the jpeg.! At first, I was not very happy!

I connected the IPad to my PC via the USB that comes with the charger and found my IPad  in my PC. I moved the photos to my computer, and I had the good surprise to see the jpeg files AND the RAW files! :)

No, I know I can use my IPad to get my shots that I would later process in my PC! :)

I must also add that to my surprise, the whole process is quite fast. ;)

Check also this one: https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MC531AM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

Edited by Louis