Spreading Gold.

XVarior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very few people still cultivate, #harvest and prepare their own stock of food for wintertimes. It's becoming a rarity today so how it would become 100 years from now? I'm following people like my subject here to document an activity that not long ago was practiced by almost everyone. In this image, Em Alaa is spreading boiled wheat over an area of her house's rooftop for it to to dry under the sun. Once dried the grains are then milled to certain degree in order to become what's known as Burghul.

Leica Q.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

Great documentary photo. I'm sure hers is a hard life but in many ways very rewarding. She looks happy.

Her life may seem hard to modern women but to her this is routine. She's has a fantastic spirit. After a couple of shoots I did to her, now she's calling me before doing such activities to come and shoot. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for showing, the wide-angle perspective works out very well here. Lighting is excellent and adds more than a, well, splash of colour.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, I wish my Q had a 24mm lens!

very lovely, Rodrigue.  If I may make one very friendly obversation, it would be that the woman's face seems to be lighter in color than her arm; yet, her arm appears to be in direct sunlight and her face isn't.  You might consider reducing the exposure in her face just slightly to even out the EVs in her skin throughout her body in a more natural way.  It is a fascinating story and a great capture.  Congrats!

very lovely, Rodrigue. If I may make one very friendly obversation, it would be that the woman's face seems to be lighter in color than her arm; yet, her arm appears to be in direct sunlight and her face isn't. You might consider reducing the exposure in her face just slightly to even out the EVs in her skin throughout her body in a more natural way. It is a fascinating story and a great capture. Congrats!

Thanks Adam, nice to hear from you. Observation from your keen eyes are always needed.

To be noted that I gave a reflector to the woman's daughter to help me lighting her face.

• Like 1

Gorgeous photography and a worthy reflection of her activity and your attempt at recognizing her for upholding traditional activity

Thanks for the comment Bateleur.

I try my best to give these people the importance they deserve.

Great angle and pose and control of light, Rodrigue. If you want to go wider than 24, though, do the M thing and get the wonderful 21SEM; or, alternatively, try the TL2 with the equally wonderful 11-23mm (16-35mm in FF), that's a very flexible setup and covers a lot of photographic situations.
Greetings from California,

Thomas

Great angle and pose and control of light, Rodrigue. If you want to go wider than 24, though, do the M thing and get the wonderful 21SEM; or, alternatively, try the TL2 with the equally wonderful 11-23mm (16-35mm in FF), that's a very flexible setup and covers a lot of photographic situations.

Greetings from California,

Thomas

Thanks for the tips Thomas, I really want a compact wide. I got the 16-35 on my canon but that's not going with me anywhere when I'm doing that sort of photography.