TL series is Leica's ( most important ) Future

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Certainly an EVF (and hotshoe), but is that all?

Autofocus still needs to significantly improve.  It is faster now but spot focus still hunts even in not so low light.  Touch AF and especially 1Point are able to lock focus better but are IMHO also still not good enough in low light.  

A joystick control would be very nice for changing focus faster.  Changing spot focus via the screen is faster now than with the T but you still need to press the screen for about 1 sec (probably about 2 secs previously with the T).

• Like 1

Autofocus still needs to significantly improve.  It is faster now but spot focus still hunts even in not so low light.  Touch AF and especially 1Point are able to lock focus better but are IMHO also still not good enough in low light.  

A joystick control would be very nice for changing focus faster.  Changing spot focus via the screen is faster now than with the T but you still need to press the screen for about 1 sec (probably about 2 secs previously with the T).

Which TL are you talking about? Have you used TL2?

Which TL are you talking about? Have you used TL2?

I absolutely have and spot focus still hunts way too much and low light performance is still not good.  

All other aspects of the camera have significantly been improved, these not so much or not enough IMHO.

Edited by JorisV

I absolutely have and spot focus still hunts way too much and low light performance is still not good.  

All other aspects of the camera have significantly been improved, these not so much or not enough IMHO.

Too bad, if I were you, I would return it immediately and waiting for the improved version.

Too bad, if I were you, I would return it immediately and waiting for the improved version.

No need for that.  It is an excellent camera and a worthwhile upgrade.  Some elements of its working can IMHO be improved but all in all I am very  happy with it.  

• Like 1