The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Older M.T thumbs-up with M10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DandA

DandA

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 16:36

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi All,

Although maybe not as ideal as the current Leica tumb support or Match Technicals M10 thumbs up...I was wondering has amyone tried fitting the current most recent M9 Match Technical thumbs up such as the CSEP1 or CSEP1s in the M10 hot shoe. If you have one and can try it in your M10 hot shoe, this would be greatly appreciated (especially a photo).

One of the reasons I ask is not only becuase I have the M9 thumbs up mentioned, but the model probides a cold shoe while in use to accommodate a viewfinder. Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

#2 jdlaing

jdlaing

Benutzer Benutzer

• Validating
  • 5,054 posts
  • City / Ort:The Republic of Texas

Posted 13 August 2017 - 17:15

A new model does as well.

#3 JMF

JMF

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,781 posts
  • City / Ort:Brazil

Posted 13 August 2017 - 17:34

Hi All,

Although maybe not as ideal as the current Leica tumb support or Match Technicals M10 thumbs up...I was wondering has amyone tried fitting the current most recent M9 Match Technical thumbs up such as the CSEP1 or CSEP1s in the M10 hot shoe. If you have one and can try it in your M10 hot shoe, this would be greatly appreciated (especially a photo).

One of the reasons I ask is not only becuase I have the M9 thumbs up mentioned, but the model probides a cold shoe while in use to accommodate a viewfinder. Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

Dave, 

I've just tried a TU EP-3S and it does not fit the M10.

Maybe the shorter length version EP-1S would , I don't have one with me right now to test.

BTW the Match Technical thumbs up M10 version is perfect for left eye shooters, the original M10 Leica thumbs up has a sharp edge which was bothering me as it was hurting the forehead.

Best, JM

Edited by JMF, 13 August 2017 - 17:34.

#4 DandA

DandA

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 18:16

Hi JM,

Tha ks wver so much for your info. The thumbs up you tried as indicated is thr longest one they make, so I auspect that it hit the resr protrusion/wheel of the M10.

I'm hoping someone has the more generally used shorter M9 thumbs up which is 15mm shorter and can comment how it works on an M10.

Thats very informative news about the Match technical M10 thumbs up having an advantage over the Leica users for left eye shooters. Although I am right handed I focus with my lwft eye so the Leica one poking would bother mw too.

I wish Match technical would make an optional M10 thumbs up that had a cold shoe for a extrenal viewfinder and thus why I want to see if anyone can try their M9 thumbs up on the M10 as I have a M9 thumbs up with a cold shoe. Again I appreciate all the useful info.

Regards,

Dave (D&A)

0 user(s) are reading this topic