IQ of the Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is nothing more than pure, unabashed praise for the Q image quality. I rarely try to shoot during the middle part of the day, but a few days ago I was listening to some music over the noon hour on our Capitol grounds and liked the scene so I shot three frames. This is straight out of the camera. I am continuously amazed by the image quality of this little camera. The photo is nothing special at all, but I think the sharpness, colour rendition and dynamic range are impressive. The Q is a keeper.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Brent,

you are right. I am also always surprised about the capability of the Q during those shots with much contrast just as shown in your picture. I agree that there is hardly any processing neccessary. In your picture the shadows are glowing as well as there still definition in the hightlights.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

first Step,s with the Q  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by brahms_4

The Q is capable of producing the most stunning IQ that I have ever seen. I was so smitten by it that I purchased a used SL at a decent price, though still not cheap. The 2 cameras have the same basic sensor and similar looking files. The only IQ superiority of the SL is at high ISOs. 12,500 is totally usable, even 25,000 with DxO Prime noise reduction is not bad at all. I really feel that these two cameras are long term keepers, so their high price will be spread out over quite a few years--at least that's how I'm rationalizing it to myself.  :D

Rob

• Like 1