A different kind of bag thread...

Sam M

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am interested in seeing examples of how people organise their camera bags (perhaps photos looking down while open?).

I've got an Ona (whatever the small one is) and have managed to get an M10 and a Q in there but when I have the M10 alone there are a number of ways the camera could fit leaving different spaces for lenses and other paraphernalia.

Just looking for inspiration on how to set it up.

Cheers all

The most efficient and compact way (though still safe) to carry one M(10) with 3 lenses thus far for me is a Billingham Hadley Digital with two lenses aside and the body with a lens facing down between it. For instance the summicron35 iv left and Summicron28asph right and the body with Summilux75 on it in between.

• Like 3

The most efficient and compact way (though still safe) to carry one M(10) with 3 lenses thus far for me is a Billingham Hadley Digital with two lenses aside and the body with a lens facing down between it. For instance the summicron35 iv left and Summicron28asph right and the body with Summilux75 on it in between.

Same setting, only i use the oberwerth freiburg all leather

Instagram @jakontil

I think that most bag sites as oberwerth or ona or billingham show many photos of their bags with Leica gear in them. Still my opinion is that one has to try out. Not everybody likes the same. So when I was in the shop and was to buy the badley then I did not like the lid that seemed to me to be somehow in the way all the time. Only when I came across the small ona I knew that this was the bag for me. I saw it actually in Wetzlar in the Leica factory. They have a beautifull shop there (or should I call it a BOUTIQUE)

Edited by Alex U.

I love my Fog Last Waltz. It fits two bodies with lens attached and to other lenses, without stacking. In the picture there is the M10 with the 50 rigid cron, an M6 with 35 cron v4, a 35 lux pre-ASPH in one compartment and a 75 lux in an other compartment.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

This one I can highly recommend: https://www.peakdesign.com/everyday-messenger

Billingham and similar old-fashioned stuff is good for forever yesterday’s people.

Do you consider yourself to be very advanced or do you maybe overestimate yourself? Anyway I wonder why you post such smart remarks. Finally I think that the bag you propose is quite ugly and would not be my choice at all.

As you can make out I am in a very fighting mood today :-))))))))))))

• Like 5

I consider my camera (in its Leica holster) and my lens (in its leather lens pouch) sufficiently protected. I use my Billingham Hadley Pro with ONE internal divider - camera is on my body, spare lens and pouch with spare battery in the smaller insert. In the larger insert - bottle of water. In the space reserved for laptops - magazines, brochures. In the front pocket - a bar of chocolate :) 

Interesting, can you show us a picture?

• Like 1

Billingham F1.4

M-240P and an M-4.

Two lenses mounted and three more on the right.

• Like 2

This one I can highly recommend: https://www.peakdesign.com/everyday-messenger

Billingham and similar old-fashioned stuff is good for forever yesterday’s people.

If you can convince me that your 'modern youthful' peakdesign is as silent as my 'oldfashioned' billingham I'll step right over. But what I see clicking that link, is all noisy material with the risk of damaging the beloved chrome of my M10 Edited by otto.f

Ona Prince Street accommodates plenty for a day's outing.  No provision for a water bottle though...

L-R 50 f.1 Noctilux, M246 with 35 'cron, M10 with 50 APO

Edited by Pjay
  • Like 1

Two bags.  First the Billingham Leica.  Usually with the M10 and two lenses, but can stack lenses (bottom one in a Neoprene case from OP/Tech) if more are needed.

With the flap folded over and the camera strap neatly tucked in...  ;-)

I like the larger front compartment on this compared to the Hadley Digital.

However, the Hadley Digital (as mentioned by someone else) is smaller and also works.  Here showing two lenses:

And then the camera, lens-down, on top:

The dividers carry the weight of the camera, which seems OK.  However, long lenses (like the Elmarit 90) are a little long for this setup.  And large diameter lenses can get crowded.

Both are highly functional.

Michael

• Like 2

I love my M bag.

I also love to use my Billinghams without inserts.

Do you consider yourself to be very advanced or do you maybe overestimate yourself? Anyway I wonder why you post such smart remarks. Finally I think that the bag you propose is quite ugly and would not be my choice at all.

As you can make out I am in a very fighting mood today :-))))))))))))

Me too.

Here is my Last Waltz with my M10's and a couple of other lens.