Fun Photoshoot with Summicron-R 90mm on a Canon 1Ds III

mbphotox

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Met with a friend a few weeks ago and brought my Summicron-R 90mm f/2 along.

Unfortunately, I only used the Canon 85L and the Nikkor 58G after the first few shots with the Leitz, even though they turned out to be amazing..

I always process both colour and monochrome versions when I shoot portraits. Found that most of my students prefer colour whereas I myself like the monochromes better.

Meet Kathi, a former student of mine and one of my favourite models :)

35253029723_d4aa1b1c50_c.jpg

35253029933_4798c8573c_c.jpg

35253034423_81ce398706_c.jpg

35253034053_ff47106e0f_c.jpg

She's simply amazing. The streets around us were buzzing with tourists and people staring at us. Some came over asking what we were doing.

An older man even apporached me to tell me that I should swap to Sony to get a smaller, lighter camera.

Then one man (in his sixties) told me that it wasn't hard to get good pictures of such a pretty girl.

Through all that, Kathi remained perfectly relaxed and had loads of fun. (Click on the images to head to my flickr stream if you want to see some more of the pics we shot that day.)

I really love the 90mm and am keeping my Canon 1Ds mainly so that I can keep shooting portraits with it :)

• Like 2