US trade-up program for the S(007)

erlingmm

Probably want to cut excess 007 inventory.....

Doubt that there is an upcoming 008 as this move would cannibalize 008 sales IMHO..

That being said, I would encourage the upgrade... Having owned the S2, the 006 and now the 007, I can tell you that the inherent improvements in the 007 are significant and well worth the financial hurdle....

Albert   :D  :D  :D

Cheekily Fujifilm here in Australia are offering trade ins for selected working bodies including high end Canon, Nikon and S cameras on their medium format body.

$900 trade in doesn't seem like such a great deal to me!

Cheekily Fujifilm here in Australia are offering trade ins for selected working bodies including high end Canon, Nikon and S cameras on their medium format body.

$900 trade in doesn't seem like such a great deal to me!

Haha, it is so sad they disrespect Leica S this much. On the other hand, does it pretty much reflect current S status? LOL

The Fuji offer also applies to current Hasselblad and Phase One cameras. They aren't disrespecting competitors, they are disrespecting customers.

That strategy may work for late-night TV adverts, but I doubt it works when selling to people who aren't sleep-deprived. The advert received scathing comments when it was published on photo news sites, negating the usual GFX goodwill.

• Like 1

The Fujifilm trade in is $650 + the value of your camera.  So if your S2 is worth $2000 it would be $2000 + $650 = $2650 towards the purchase price. Basically, you are at the mercy of the camera store buying your trade in.  

The Leica program just gives you the set value which is generous, $8500 for an SE????  You can buy a used one for $4000 trade it in and still come out ahead.  But this may explain why they raised the price in May by $2000, to compensate for the trade in program.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You are right. I misread from a quote from an industry newsletter without looking at Fujifilm's actual website here. 900 was Australian dollars by the way. It's all just a hypothetical here in any event. We don't have that Leica trade up program by the way

Edited by hoppyman