Sign in to follow this  
CiraCrowell

Q: Focal Distance in OLED with SL Zooms?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Focal distance (front, focus, back) appears in the OLED when the shutter is half-pressed using the SL 50mm but the same information does not appear using the SL 28-90 or SL 90-280.  Firmware has been updated to 3.0. Curious if this is normal or if anyone has an explanation?

Edited by CiraCrowell

I have the distance info for my TL lenses as well as the 24-90. FW 3.0.

I need to rotate the focusing ring to activate it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Haribhau
      Question for SL users: I have the opportunity to trade my Panasonic S1 (that I se with SL glass) for a Leica SL. Of course I will spend some cash out of pocket.  I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with a similar shift and what factors I must keep in mind in going from an S1 to a relatively older (technology wise) camera body.  Also I mostly use this for shooting in a studio. 
      Pic (shot on the s1) for attention. 
      Greatly appreciate your thoughts.  
      Thank you.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Jacek.PL
      LEICA APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-TL 60 f/2.8, silver - (#4629438) is in great condition. I rate it cosmetically a (90%) but optically 100%. The focus is smooth, the autofocus and aperture function properly, and the glass is clean and clear with no haze, marks, or fungs, scratches. This lens includes a Leica lens pouch, a Leicalens hood , front & rear caps, and the original instructions & box(full factory set)
      I'm the owner from new. The lens was bought new at the Leica store.
      Payment: paypal or bank tansfer directly to my bank
      shipment: UPS with international tracking - 50EUR

It's not only macro lens. It's excellent for portrait and mid telefoto (fov=90 mm with CL/TL camera)

https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-CL-TL2/Lenses-for-Leica-TL/Prime-Lenses/Leica-APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL-60mm-f2.8-ASPH.
    • By Jacek.PL
      LEICA SUMMICRON-TL 23 f/2 ASPH., black  - (#4273315) is in great condition. I rate it cosmetically a (99%)- It looks like new. The focus is smooth, the autofocus and aperture function are properly working, and the glass is clean and clear with no haze, marks, or fungs, scratches. This lens includes a Leica lens pouch, a Leicalens hood , front & rear caps, and the original instructions & box (full factory set).
      I'm the owner from new. The lens was bought new at the Leica store.
      Payment: PayPal or bank transfer to my bank account.
      Shipping: UPS international tracking & insurance - 50 EUR
    • By Jacek.PL
      LEICA SUMMILUX-TL 35 f/1.4 ASPH., black anodized finish , bought as new in Leica store. It's in great condition. I rate it cosmetically a (93%). The focus is smooth, the autofocus and aperture function properly, and the glass is clean and clear with no haze, marks, or fungs and scratches.  This lens includes a Leica lens pouch, a Leicalens hood , front & rear caps, and the original instructions & box (full factory set).
      payment: paypal or wired transfer to my bank account.
      Shipping: UPS express saver (2 Busness days) - 70 EURO-with international tracking
      https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-CL-TL2/Lenses-for-Leica-TL/Prime-Lenses/Leica-Summilux-TL 35 mm-f-1.4-ASPH

• By Andi1968
      Ist jemanden bekannt ob in Zukunft Zwischenringe für die Leica SL Objektive geplant sind, um die minimale Distanz zu veringern, oder gar ein Makroobjektiv ?