Code Name "Clooney"

... the latest rumor is for TL2 with Q like features .

What does that mean?????  

Q is full frame and Clooney is APSC, so they are not similar on that score.

Q is a fixed lens and the Clooney is interchangeable, so that is dissimilar.

Viewfinder?  If so, great as I think the Q EVF is superb.  

Q interface? That'd be terrific as well. 

This rumor nonsense is just that, a bunch of unsubstantiated speculation as to what the "Clooney" might be, based on what the variables that an interchangeable lens APSC system might offer. Otherwise kind of silly conversation.

What does that mean?????  

W

This rumor nonsense is just that, a bunch of unsubstantiated speculation as to what the "Clooney" might be, based on what the variables that an interchangeable lens APSC system might offer. Otherwise kind of silly conversation.

Don’t shoot the messenger :)

I’m only posting what I read on Leica Rumors .

What does that mean?????  

Well, even the suggestion that "Clooney" is APS-C and interchangeable is nothing more than rumour ...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, even the suggestion that "Clooney" is APS-C and interchangeable is nothing more than rumour ...

I recently watched all the George Clooney's recent movies, hoping to find a clue about the new Leica camera; but nothing!... Zero!...

I am beginning to believe this whole "Leica Clooney" stuff has been generated by George Clooney' s agent or publicist as a publicity for him!... 

Nothing to do with Leica!

:unsure:

• Like 1

I recently watched all the George Clooney's recent movies, hoping to find a clue about the new Leica camera; but nothing!... Zero!...

I am beginning to believe this whole "Leica Clooney" stuff has been generated by George Clooney' s agent or publicist as a publicity for him!... 

Nothing to do with Leica!

:unsure:

Code name CLooney may be in reference to the Leica CL .

and also a play on QLooney , as this upcoming model may have Q like features .

But at this point , this thread is making me just Looney :)

I'll just wait for the release .

Leica's production cycles are long, perhaps you need to go back further in time...?  And remember he is a producer and a director as well!

What will be will be, and I'll either buy it or I won't.  

BUT . . . about a month ago, a local Leica employee told me he'd seen a photo of the TL product manager holding an unknown camera with an integrated EVF and a TL lens mounted and that something in the photo indicated the designation "VL."

Again, just hearsay, but such things sure keep me clicking on the rumor sites.

• Like 1

How likely is it that Leica will nail this new release and give their customers what they want?  I'm not usually a cynical person, but for a lot of Leicas releases there does seem to be more unhappy people than happy :)

Those who harp on what's wrong (rather than what's right) just tend to be more vocal.

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 4

How likely is it that Leica will nail this new release and give their customers what they want?  I'm not usually a cynical person, but for a lot of Leicas releases there does seem to be more unhappy people than happy :)

the interesting point is that in my feeling the most unhappy Leica user dont even own the product they report negative feedback.

Just because there is a crowd of notoric nay sayers doesnt mean that this has to be a representative opinion of the total crowd.

If Leica products are as flawed as some people believe and if there were as few customers, it would be a wonder that Leica still exists.

Yes, there is room for improvement in some areas, but also most products have some special feautures (optical quality, build quality, simple intuitive user interface,...) which should not be neglected.

So I am not that negative about the next release, whenevr it comes

• Like 1