Code Name "Clooney"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

… and Leica is still very active in the M4/3 market with M4/3 lenses … so recognises the lenses' sales potential.  

dunk 

The lenses are made by Panansonic and are branded Leica. How much or little actual design input they have from Leica is unknown. 

Leica said (after the Digilux 3) that they were not going to offer another 4/3 camera. 

The lenses are made by Panansonic and are branded Leica. How much or little actual design input they have from Leica is unknown. 

Leica said (after the Digilux 3) that they were not going to offer another 4/3 camera. 

The D-Lux 109 has a 4/3 sensor 

dunk 

• Like 1

In Ireland, the Looneys were warriors and the Clooneys were chiefs. Our history goes back a long way and you have to look for the original Irish or Norman meaning before our names were anglicised. In my own case, someone with the exact same name as myself was mayor of my city in 1190 but he probably spoke Norman French as he arrived with the Normans. I am sure that the folks at Leica know nothing about this, but are rather using the name of the actor who can trace some of his roots to Ireland, England and Germany. His aunt was a nice singer.

William

TL2 sensor with EVF and sensor IS for under 3k€ and Leica is in for some serious business, while generating a new platform for all their lenses.

Only if it is a mini-SL, not a TL2 with an EVF.

IMO it would make sens for Leica to offer the same four buttons user experience/ handling on the three formats they uses. On the S, SL and ST(?).

• Like 1

Only if it is a mini-SL, not a TL2 with an EVF.

IMO it would make sens for Leica to offer the same four buttons user experience/ handling on the three formats they uses. On the S, SL and ST(?).

I totally agree even if I doubt Leica will do this. Might also be not enough space in a smaller camera body to include the 4 buttons.

I don't see it that way. I bought my TL2 before the Clooney rumour came along, but in full awareness that an EVF version could easily come along. I'd rather have a small, high quality but happy-go-lucky camera which I am increasingly shooting with the rear screen only. I doubt a decent EVF can be built in to a TL-type body without making it significantly bigger.

Any TL2 owners feeling disappointed by a subsequent TL with built in EVF have only themselves to blame.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 3

I don't see it that way. I bought my TL2 before the Clooney rumour came along, but in full awareness that an EVF version could easily come along. I'd rather have a small, high quality but happy-go-lucky camera which I am increasingly shooting with the rear screen only. I doubt a decent EVF can be built in to a TL-type body without making it significantly bigger.

Any TL2 owners feeling disappointed by a subsequent TL with built in EVF have only themselves to blame.

I'm not sure that I can agree with your last statement. Leica should simply have announced that there would be 2 options -- one without evf and one with. Why the secret?  (Leica announces their roadmap for lenses to be released).

This is still only a rumor, so we will see.

(If a TL2 with evf comes along, I presume it will have an outstanding evf, and I'll commit to one and simply sell mine to someone who wants that "happy go lucky camera"!)

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 1

I think you will be a well respected minority.

• Like 1