Code Name "Clooney"

Clooney rhymes with 'looney'.

ICL looney camera could be Leica's first M4/3  :wacko: body

Leica already co-designs and badge engineers M4/3 lenses …

Why not go the whole hog and co-produce a Compact Looney ICL M4/3 body?  ;)

Maybe all those Leica enthusiasts who've pre-ordered the looney camera are in for a shock! 

dunk 

Clooney rhymes with 'looney'.

ICL looney camera could be Leica's first M4/3  :wacko: body

Leica already co-designs and badge engineers M4/3 lenses …

Why not go the whole hog and co-produce a Compact Looney ICL M4/3 body?  ;)

Maybe all those Leica enthusiasts who've pre-ordered the looney camera are in for a shock! 

dunk 

The notion of a Leica body that can use the PanLeica 100-400mm lens conjures up all sorts of nice thoughts!

• Like 1

M43? good thought.

I think 1" is now the hottest spot for P&S, and s dead zone for interchangeable lens system, (thinking Nikon is giving up this line).
So M43 would be the smallest interchangeable platform. If Leica really covers this format, it wold be the only company to cover all interchangeable formats (less the 44x33 or beyond).

But I doubt it's a clever move for Leica. Too diversified.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So M43 would be the smallest interchangeable platform. If Leica really covers this format, it wold be the only company to cover all interchangeable formats (less the 44x33 or beyond).

But I doubt it's a clever move for Leica. Too diversified.

I would agree that it's too diversified but for the sake of argument what are the upside for Leica doing this.

An M43 sensor with a Leica TL mount needs a good reason to exist next to the TL2 and SL and for people to buy it. What can't the TL and SL formats do that a M43 format can?

When I used a Sinar, I had the options of 4x5 and I had a multi format back for shooting 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 & 6x12. It was a nice advantage.

I would agree that it's too diversified but for the sake of argument what are the upside for Leica doing this.

An M43 sensor with a Leica TL mount needs a good reason to exist next to the TL2 and SL and for people to buy it. What can't the TL and SL formats do that a M43 format can?

When I used a Sinar, I had the options of 4x5 and I had a multi format back for shooting 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 & 6x12. It was a nice advantage.

All M4/3 cameras have M4/3 mounts … I'm just having a bit of looney fun to counter all the Cloonatic's :) previous posts … Nobody has the foggiest idea what exactly is in the pipeline 

dunk 

• Like 2

If Leica really offer a M43 system, I doubt it would be the Panasonic/Olympus M43. I imagine Leica to keep the 3:2 ratio instead of 4:3. So, it could be 18mm x 12mm, who knows.

Nay,  I don't think looney is M43 or any variation of it.  Anyone wants a camera that looks like an upgraded and bigger TL body but much smaller sensor? 

Leica has tried the Four/Thirds before.

… and Leica is still very active in the M4/3 market with M4/3 lenses … so recognises the lenses' sales potential.  Highly unlikely the Clooneytic camera will be a M4/3 but given Leica's M4/3 lens presence, there might be a Leica M4/3 ICL body announcement at some stage … even if it's a badge engineered Panasonic M4/3 ICL camera. And there are likely quite a few TLF members who would buy a Leica M4/3 ICL camera in preference to their existing Panasonic M4/3 ICL models. 

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

TL2 sensor with EVF and sensor IS for under 3k€ and Leica is in for some serious business, while generating a new platform for all their lenses. IS will then also be implemented in SL2 and M11 and be the main reason to upgrade. Of course all of this is speculation. But highly plausible.

• Like 1

What if Leica comes out with a 1" 8 mp stabilised sensor with a TL mount. 2.7X crop factor.

With the SL lenses you will have 65 - 240mm f2.8-4, 240 - 756mm f2.8-4, 135mm f1.4, 95mm f2, 200mm f2, 243mm f2.

If the AF is good maybe they can go to the olympics .

It wasn't that long ago when the Canon 1D and Nikon D series sported a 8 mp sensor.

I know there's a need for higher mp and big sensors but you will always need lower pixel count for time sensitive work

Edited by lx1713

Besides I like to tote a small setup for a holiday, a 1" sensor seems good enuf. And add a 5x OIS zoom for the 1" sensor.

Unless you're going for a Safari, then an SL + a 1" sensor camera with 3 zooms to do everything  :lol:

11-23, 24-90 & 90-280

Edited by lx1713

yeah looks cool

(Foto: Rainer Hosch)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2