To buy or not to buy?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Next week I will fly to Berlin from my country, and I planned to buy a Leica TL2 camera. Some rumors said that Leica will put on the shelves a new TL with incorporated viewfinder in September. 

So as I will be in my country again at that time and Leica cameras aren´t imported there, I hesitate between to buy the TL2 anyway or wait to see what happens in September and then wait for a later trip.

Edited by hector_jorge

Next week I will fly to Berlin from my country, and I planned to buy a Leica TL2 camera. Some rumors said that Leica will put on the shelves a new TL with incorporated viewfinder in September. 

So as I will be in my country again at that time and Leica cameras aren´t imported there, I hesitate between to buy the TL2 anyway or wait to see what happens in September and then wait for a later trip.

No one can say for sure but I would be very surprised if there is a built in viewfinder in the TL series this year!

- Vikas

I don't expect it in the shape of a TL. More a classical design and layout to operate. And I hope it will have a bigger battery for more exposures. If Panasonic is in the boat to support Leica to build a classic camera system then everything comes good. Modern electronics, simple Leica-like menu structure and limited buttons, nice aesthetics's and material. Just a small semiprofessional camera in Leica quality. Body only of around 2500-2700$ plus T-lens family. My dream comes true... :D

Daniel

• Like 2

I don't expect it in the shape of a TL. More a classical design and layout to operate. And I hope it will have a bigger battery for more exposures. If Panasonic is in the boat to support Leica to build a classic camera system then everything comes good. Modern electronics, simple Leica-like menu structure and limited buttons, nice aesthetics's and material. Just a small semiprofessional camera in Leica quality. Body only of around 2500-2700$ plus T-lens family. My dream comes true... :D

Daniel

I have the same dream.

Regards

Bernd

Edited by Bernd1959

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I put in an order for a TL2 last week. I thought that a TL2 with built in EVF would come along soon, but I would expect it to be bigger than the TL2 or with a protruding EVF hump. Either way, I prefer the smaller, more svelte size of the TL2, so placed my order. My next size up camera is the M240.

• Like 1

I put in an order for a TL2 last week. I thought that a TL2 with built in EVF would come along soon, but I would expect it to be bigger than the TL2 or with a protruding EVF hump. Either way, I prefer the smaller, more svelte size of the TL2, so placed my order. My next size up camera is the M240.

At least with the EVF you can choose to use it or not, having the ideal size camera when you need it.

hector_jorge  the best camera is the one you have now and are using.  Think of the fun you can have NOW with a TL2 and the memories you can capture now with it.  Why wait till the end of the year for something that is just a rumour? Nobody really knows what Leica is up to.  There will always be something new on the horizon.  If you wait, you'll be continuously chasing the next new thing.

I'm seriously thinking of just buying a T now to have fun with. See if I like it. If I do, then later on  I can pony up the $ to get into the newer system.   This is another option for you.

At least with the EVF you can choose to use it or not, having the ideal size camera when you need it.

hector_jorge  the best camera is the one you have now and are using.  Think of the fun you can have NOW with a TL2 and the memories you can capture now with it.  Why wait till the end of the year for something that is just a rumour? Nobody really knows what Leica is up to.  There will always be something new on the horizon.  If you wait, you'll be continuously chasing the next new thing.

I'm seriously thinking of just buying a T now to have fun with. See if I like it. If I do, then later on  I can pony up the $ to get into the newer system.   This is another option for you.

Your thinking is correct. After reading the previous posts here I decided to buy the TL2. I have several Leica lenses that I don´t use since a long time because all my other M and R Leicas are non digital and I hesitate to buy another "big" Leica. So I prefer to use the smaller Panaleicas as my actual D-Lux. I am 75 and heavy equipment is not for me now. 

• Like 1