TL2 at higher ISO 6400 and 12800 and Auto ISO question

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the Leica T and several TL lenses.  I am trying to decide to wait and buy the TL2 for the 24MP and mainly higher ISO capability.  On the T, I limit myself to ISO 1600 but have done limited shots at ISO 3200.  With my Nikon Df, I set Auto ISO at 12,800 and forget it.  Color is very good and grain acceptable.

Two questions,  as anyone had the TL2 long enough to evaluate it at 6400 and 12800 for detail and color.  Any comments as compared to the T.

Second question, on the TL2 when you set a minimum shutter speed in Auto ISO will it lower the shutter speed when exposure cannot be met.  This is the way my Nikon Df works and my Coolpix A.

--

I have the Leica T and several TL lenses.  I am trying to decide to wait and buy the TL2 for the 24MP and mainly higher ISO capability.  On the T, I limit myself to ISO 1600 but have done limited shots at ISO 3200.  With my Nikon Df, I set Auto ISO at 12,800 and forget it.  Color is very good and grain acceptable.

Two questions,  as anyone had the TL2 long enough to evaluate it at 6400 and 12800 for detail and color.  Any comments as compared to the T.

Second question, on the TL2 when you set a minimum shutter speed in Auto ISO will it lower the shutter speed when exposure cannot be met.  This is the way my Nikon Df works and my Coolpix A.

--

Regarding the first question, 6400 on the TL2 seems very good. Even 12800 seems acceptable. I would say it's close to two stops better than the Leica T.

I can't definitively with the second question but I don't think that happens. When light levels are too low at an aperture the image just gets darker.

- Vikas