Take S007 with M10?

Agent M10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am traveling overseas for a magazine assignment. The assignment contemplates 6 to 8 landscape pictures and I plan to take an M10 with me (I take it everywhere). I'll have the 50mm APO, 75mm APO, and 135mm APO with me. Question is, should I go through the hassle—weight and extra baggage—of taking the 007 with me? If I took it, I'd probably only want to take two lenses, the 70mm and 180mm (or the 35mm and 180mm). Traveling with the M10 alone would be pretty easy, and I know that I could take it with my personal bag. I'd have to put the S in a Pelican case and there is a good chance I'd have to check it.

Hi,

I would never ever travel with only one camera body.

I travel with S and two lenses, SL with Vario-Elmar and the Leica Q, all stuffed in a Hadley Large Pro without any problem.

If I plan to walk around a lot, I take a smaller bag with me and leave the S in the hotel-safe or another safe place. 

Using two bodies also reduces the frequency of changing lenses and keeps the sensor clean.

Safe travels,

Peter__

Hi! I always carry a backup body when I travel and avoid checking in the photo equipment. I carry a pelican case 1510 (carry on size) for travels throughout US but a soft bag for Safaris in Africa.

I actually have two M10s. So I can take those or an M10 and the S. The Pelican case I have is the small, carry-on size. I guess the main question is whether the extra MPs of the S is worth the expended effort. 

As for a WA, I'm not that much of a WA photographer. We have some sites picked out which will probably take the 75mm and the 135mm. Thing is, the S's 180mm equates to something like a 140mm. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I actually have two M10s. So I can take those or an M10 and the S. The Pelican case I have is the small, carry-on size. I guess the main question is whether the extra MPs of the S is worth the expended effort.

As for a WA, I'm not that much of a WA photographer. We have some sites picked out which will probably take the 75mm and the 135mm. Thing is, the S's 180mm equates to something like a 140mm.

I do not have M10 but I do have M-P 240 and S 006. To me the S is worth the effort. I routinely travel with both and the S is the most used.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your assignment needs the extra MP go for the S, if not travel light with two Ms. .... maybe take the S with you, leave it in the Hotel and pick it up when you need it - that´s how I would do it. I hate it when I need gear on trip that was left at home for comfort reason.

Best,

Peter__

If it's strictly for a magazine assignment it makes sense to take the two M10's.  Two different bodies won't be any use with lenses if one body goes down.  An S & SL with adapters would make more sense, but not S & M.

There are so many posts where people mention they have 2, or even 3, M10's, while many of us are still patiently waiting for one.  Wah, wah, wah. :huh:

Got pretty lucky with the M10s. Have both a silver and black. Fun, fun cameras.  :)

I appreciate the comments. Still haven't decided what to take. I love the S when I'm shooting it. But I really don't like carrying more than one lens with it when I do. 

I have considered taking just the two Ms because they are so easy to carry and use, and for color consistency (I'm shooting more than just one article for this particular issue). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I am traveling overseas for a magazine assignment. The assignment contemplates 6 to 8 landscape pictures and I plan to take an M10 with me (I take it everywhere). I'll have the 50mm APO, 75mm APO, and 135mm APO with me. Question is, should I go through the hassle—weight and extra baggage—of taking the 007 with me? If I took it, I'd probably only want to take two lenses, the 70mm and 180mm (or the 35mm and 180mm). Traveling with the M10 alone would be pretty easy, and I know that I could take it with my personal bag. I'd have to put the S in a Pelican case and there is a good chance I'd have to check it.

If you want quality pictures, do yourself a favor and leave the M10 at home and take the S007................its a no brainer

Neil

If you want quality pictures, do yourself a favor and leave the M10 at home and take the S007................its a no brainer

Neil

Traveling without a backup of some kind, especially with the S system, gives literal meaning to the term "no-brainer".

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Traveling without a backup of some kind, especially with the S system, gives literal meaning to the term "no-brainer".

Jeff

Jeff

Traveling without a backpack is just stupid..............Traveling with the Leica S on the bla bla something Sling that I just bought with my other two lenses in my photographers jacket works a treat. Tripod over the opisit shoulder on a sling if need be :)

When theres a will theres away, as they say in Dundee :)

Neil

Hi,

I travel with S and two lenses, SL with Vario-Elmar and the Leica Q, all stuffed in a Hadley Large Pro without any problem.

If I plan to walk around a lot, I take a smaller bag with me and leave the S in the hotel-safe or another safe place. 

Using two bodies also reduces the frequency of changing lenses and keeps the sensor clean.

Safe travels,

Peter__

Hardley Large Pro with S and 2 S lens and SL and a Q? how do you manage? And your shoulder must be quite painful. I once did 3 S lens in and a M240 with 1 lens in a Packington and I wished I haven't done that...

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Hi,

Safe travels,

Peter__

That just sounds nuts......... what's wrong with traveling with onebody and a couple of lenses......... crazyness

Neil

• Like 1