M10 and what other body do you own?

mhicks

• 3 weeks later...

Here w a Q / X1 / Nikon D800!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica M10 - Vogtlander 35mm f1.2 v2, 7 Artisans 50mm f1.1, Voigtlander 75mm f1.8 Heliar, Leica 90mm f2.8 Tele-Elmarit and 135mm f4 Tele-Elmar -still having way too much fun

Leica Q - Best all around travel camera and everyday camera.

Leica X - My first Leica and I can't get rid of it

Sony A7s - 30mm f1.8 and Leica adapter - for low light shooting

Sony RX100Mk3 - When I need to have it in my pocket

Olympus waterproof point n shoot - for fun in the pool or river

Cowz

I love my Leica bodies and glass, now just need to replace off brand with nice German glass

Edited by Photos_By_Cowz

Beyond Leicas, I still own Fuji X  and Pentax MF stuff which rarely get used these days.  Working with a single system is less distracting. 

Doing a full day of shooting a rehearsal and concert this weekend, both front and back of house.  I've shot this group several times, this is the first year I'll be doing so with purely a Leica system.  Three cameras, one bag. My tattered Ona loaded with the M10/Summilux 50 BC, M240, Distagon 35mm, a Q, a75mm Heliar 1.8 and the 135 APO.  Along with a pair of visoflexes, each camera has a grip and spare battery as well along with the typical assorted sundries.  Lot of horsepower to fit in one, admittedly a bit hefty, bag. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi tailwagger.

Would you mind posting the make of your equipment bag shown in your post.

It looks the type I have been looking out for. Good protection but soft as well and about the right size. I have a lot of gear but only take out what I need.

I have a Billingham which is an excellent bag but a bit rigid for my liking. I would keep it and use for storage.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Leica M9P and a Sony A7II which now gets very little use.

The M9P was my first Leica, four years ago, and I loved it and what came out of it, but it was limited in terms of ISO and the variety of lenses I could put on it. When I got my M10 in the summer I very reluctantly had to sell the M9P. Recently things have improved a little financially and I noticed for sale a beautiful silver M9P - mint, just 500 exposures and newly back from Wetzlar with a brand-new sensor - for a reasonable price. I love the CCD sensor look and I couldn't resist.

So M10 - best for lower light, longer lenses, R & Nikon lenses, interiors, EVF when necessary 

M9P - best for good light, wide to standard lenses. And of course much less lens changing needed when I take both bodies out with me.

• Like 1

Hi tailwagger.

Would you mind posting the make of your equipment bag shown in your post.

It looks the type I have been looking out for. Good protection but soft as well and about the right size. I have a lot of gear but only take out what I need.

I have a Billingham which is an excellent bag but a bit rigid for my liking. I would keep it and use for storage.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

No problem Mike.  Its an Ona Union Street.  Its a nice bag for carrying a pair of Ms with two or three extra lenses.  Its reasonably well made and does carry a bit of stuff.  Theres a slightly smaller model of similar construction as well, the Brixton, if you find this one a little too large. 

Hi Tailwagger. Thank you for your reply. I think I will go for it, seems just about the right size. I do not own a M10 yet.

Hoping to put that right in new year. I have M9,M9mm, M3 and M6 TTL. Will probably trade the M9. I am hoping that with the m10 and live view I may be able to get in closer than standard. Not quite sure how that will work but I expect I can get help from forum members.

Thanks again.

Mike.

For film, a Contax G1 with the awesome 45mm f2.

I'm in on the M system, the TL system, and Olympus M43. The OM-D E-M1.2 for bad weather outdoor shooting and telephoto, the CL for lazy street shooting, and the M for real street shooting and portraits.

I prefer to travel on the light side, which generally means my film Ms , as much as I love them, stay at home.  I find the ZM Ikon is a light body that fits nicely in my backpack with the M10.  If I want to bring along a pocket camera, I'll throw in the Minolta TC-1 or Oly XA.

Well I did intend to use just 35mm lenses but I found a 50mm Elmar-M I couldn't say no to, and then in a further moment of weakness found an M4 that needed a good home. I sold the Canon 35mm f/2 to make up for it. 

I mostly use the M10 by itself when I feel like shooting digital, otherwise I use film most of the time.