M10 and what other body do you own?

mhicks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just a short two and a half months ago I purchased my first Leica (M10) and haven't looked back.  Never in my lifetime have I made such a sizable purchase AND not feel an ounce of buyer's remorse - the experience has been that good.  Even though I am no photographer I do understand that the M10 is like any other tool: it has its primary applications and was designed to do certain things well, not all things well.  

So the question is: if you own the M10, do you pair it with another body when you travel?  If you do, which one(s) and what are your reasons for doing so? 

• Like 3

Just a short two and a half months ago I purchased my first Leica (M10) and haven't looked back.  Never in my lifetime have I made such a sizable purchase AND not feel an ounce of buyer's remorse - the experience has been that good.  Even though I am no photographer I do understand that the M10 is like any other tool: it has its primary applications and was designed to do certain things well, not all things well.  

So the question is: if you own the M10, do you pair it with another body when you travel?  If you do, which one(s) and what are your reasons for doing so? 

I have Nikon D750 with 2.8 zooms and few primes. Depending on the travel I do, I either take only Leica, or not systems.

I do not have an M10, but I have two M9s. The answer would be the same if I had an M10 and would be a second M10.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Funny thread . . . . I think that everybody has any other cam . . . There are certainly photographers that would shoot weddings just with the M10. But I think that there are better options. I have an up to date Canon 5D gear. I do not think that I could be without it. Of course there are photographers that would reject this statement. Just try it out. 

Somewhat depends on what I'm doing, but 95% of the time, its an M240.  When doing concert photography, I'll take a Fuji XT-1 along. Landscape, I'll bring a Pentax 645 on occasion, though less so the weight is becoming a little much. If what underlies your question is what might best compliment an M, its likely depending on your level of militancy towards RF shooting, another M or an SL.  As the M10 is recent, I'm in no hurry to buy more bodies, but I will confess that the recent drop in price on the SL has me thinking about selling all my other gear for one. 

• Like 2

I still use my Canon 5D2 and 7D with the telephoto zooms, I use thjem for airshows, moonshots,and they will be my primary cameras for the total eclipse on Aug 21.

For travel I use the M10 plus a Sony A7R, the A7R has an adapter that can use the Leica M lenses, plus all my Canon lenses. For walkabout I often use a small Sony A6000.

I started with the Canons, shifted to the Sony mirrorless and now back to rangefinder M10.

IMG_1588-XL.jpg

• Like 2

- as lighter alternative to my multiple M

- not to bother with M lenses, in case of M10 fails out of order

- in this case, film is fun again

- take one of the two to decide just before leaving

- with many more films of course

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica zero or Minilux

That is the question :p

Last thing maybe, I would let M10 stay at home :ph34r: .

• Like 4

I carry the M10 with a Fuji Xpro2 and XT2

M10 with tri-elmar MATE & WATE and 35mm F1.4 or 50mm F1.4

Fuji Xpro2 with 50-140mm and 100-400mm and 1.4X extender

Fuji XT2 for wifey (with 18-135mm)

so I have effectively FF equivalent 16mm to 800mm. Nothing escapes my camera :)

I have multiple cameras but rarely use more than one at a time. (only exception is the Q + GX8 combo)

Leica M10 - For travel and photography as hobby. I focus on a rangefinder's strengths and not try to work around it's shortcomings. Nowadays I shoot with only 3 lenses (21 SEM, 35 FLE and 50 LUX)

Leica M9P - Backup for M10

Leica Q - Everyday carry (I consider this my "main" camera)

Panasonic GX8 - I have a 42.5 Nocticron (85 eFL) fixed to the GX8 to pair with the Q for weddings and events. Both have blazing fast AF and they share the same battery.

Fujifilm X-T2 - Everything else, mainly work and family related photos.

Edited by Mr.Q

As soon as I had my M10 I let go of all my canon gear.

I still have 2 analogue medium format cameras and a 35mm film camera which i really use these days. But digitally M10 only! And there is no looking back. I'm 100% very satisfied with the switch.

I'm also quite new to the Leica world, and come from Canon, where I had a complete line-up with L primes from 24 to 300mm. I have currently kept a macro and a telephoto lens and use Leica for everything else.

I also kept my beloved 85/1.2 because I love bokeh, but my dream is to replace this with a Noctilux 50/0.95 :-)