So TL2 buyers, how pleased are you with your purchase?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can you be clearer? Do you have it? Is it actually slower? Or are you just managing my expectations :)?

I have had it for few weeks. It can hunt a  sometimes before locking focus. I think many macro lenses show this behaviour because it is a long focus. But I love the optical quality, sharp with smooth bokeh and very fine gradiations.

• Like 1

I've just tried the SL with the TL23 - it is no faster, and no better in low light, than on the TL2.

Looks to me like this is a characteristic of the 23 rather than of the TL2. I look forward to trying the TL60, which I believe is made by Leica in Germany.

My experiences are probably slightly different...

I just ran a few quick unscientific tests as well. This was actually during the day and I wasn't paying any attention to speed, just to the ability to lock focus.

There are several spots in my home on which I am unable to lock focus with the TL2+23mm whereas focusing on these points with the SL+23mm is simply a breeze...

• Like 2

My experiences are probably slightly different...

I just ran a few quick unscientific tests as well. This was actually during the day and I wasn't paying any attention to speed, just to the ability to lock focus.

There are several spots in my home on which I am unable to lock focus with the TL2+23mm whereas focusing on these points with the SL+23mm is simply a breeze...

I actually should have been more specific.

The above-mentioned test was with spot focus.  Entirely different story with Touch AF.  The focus now also locks every time with the TL2+23mm...

• Like 1