Portizuelo's Devil. Leica S in Asturias (Spain)

Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"Portizuelo's Devil", in Asturias (Spain). You need to do some acrobatics to get to Portizuelo when the tide is high, blocking access to the beach; however, the landscape there is definitely worth the shower.

S0070689.jpg

Leica S (007), Leica Summarit-S 70mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 11

Great shot.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Thank you very much Steve, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Beautiful, as usual.

Thank you very much Stuart for the very nice comment, much appreciated :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Yours is another gorgeous image, Vieri. I have to say, when I first opened it I was amazed by the similarity to a spot I photographed on the northern Oregon coast. I don't normally like to post photos on other people's threads, but in this case I thought you might be interested.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Yours is another gorgeous image, Vieri. I have to say, when I first opened it I was amazed by the similarity to a spot I photographed on the northern Oregon coast. I don't normally like to post photos on other people's threads, but in this case I thought you might be interested.

Thank you very much Brent, glad you enjoyed it! :) Indeed the spot you posted looks remarkably similar! Does the bigger stack have "holes" like the one in Asturias, as well? Portizuelo has two, which makes it even more interesting, but these are very difficult to show in photo because of their orientation... you can "sort of" see them in my photo though.

Best regards,

Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Vieri,

I can see the holes in your image because you have such good detail in the shadow areas. The similar rock formation I photographed doesn't have holes like that, but the rock is very porous because it is formed from basalt.

If you ever make it to the Oregon coast,I think you would love to photograph the area around Bandon Beach, where there are hundreds of rock formations like this.

Best Regards,

Brent

Vieri,

I can see the holes in your image because you have such good detail in the shadow areas. The similar rock formation I photographed doesn't have holes like that, but the rock is very porous because it is formed from basalt.

If you ever make it to the Oregon coast,I think you would love to photograph the area around Bandon Beach, where there are hundreds of rock formations like this.

Best Regards,

Brent

Brent,

it would have been extremely weird if your rock had the same two holes as mine as well! :) The Oregon Coast has been on my to do (or, to better put it, "to shoot"!) list for quite a while now... I hope to finally make it there someday, it really looks amazing :)

Vieri, I am still fascinated by your shot. Love it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Steve,

Thank you very much indeed for your very kind comment, I am glad that you enjoyed my little "Devil"... :) I'll be there again in September, and I hope to be able to get some more out of this location!

Best regards,

Vieri

• Like 1