First completed magazine story from M10

adan

Andy - nothing negative to say.  I love the way you enter the subject and get close.  I assume the 21/35 got a lot of use.  As ever, I'm impressed by the range of subject matter you engage with and the consistent quality and style of the images you make.

Thanks for sharing!  A real testament to why we use Ms and why the M10 combined with a good range of lenses is such a useful tool.

Processing - Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop CS6; "Leica M10" embedded profile with no adjustments (for the moment); Saturation +10; default WB for daylight as 5200K with tint 0 for older Mandler lenses and tint -5 (green) for newer ASPHs and Summarits (WB modified as desired for night/overcast/etc images). Occasional use of the Shadows slider to open up shadows (default camera exposure comp is always on -0.3 or -0.7). ISO 200 as my default until it starts to get dark/rainy (or with the 135 if overcast - 400/800). ISO 6400 for the dusk pictures and 12500 for the very darkest night shots (e.g. with pen flashlight light source p. 37).

With those settings, yes, this is characteristic of the M10.

Notes - the vertical on-track telephoto picture (p.30) is with a Canon 6D and Canon 400mm - for which I have "tuned" the color calibration to match the M10.

Great work 

In my most recent magazine issue is a story done with the M10 and 21/35/75/90/135 lenses (along with some 6x6 film work, but the M10 story will be obvious - rectangles and in color, including the cover).

Comments good or bad welcome; Questions I won't be able to answer for a week or so (will be on vacation and off-line.)

http://www.coloradoseen.com/

• 5 weeks later...