X Vario and the solar eclipse; ideas?

goatsby

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I plan on going to see the totality of the upcoming solar eclipse and want to shoot it with my trusty X Vario. Does anyone have any ideas on how best to do this? Is there anyone who has used the Vario in a digiscoping set up? I know they make an adapter for the X1 and X113, but wasn't sure if that worked for the Vario. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam.

Self-confessed astro-nut here, and I cannot agree more with David's sage advice. Enjoy the moment.

I've never seen a total. Seen a few partials, and imaged them plus transits (Venus, and Mercury) as well as Lunar obviously, but the total is something still on the bucket list.

Back in the day, I used an old Digilux 4.3 for lunar imaging, it was all I had, and I made a suitable bracket that held the camera at the appropriate distance and position near the eyepiece, so I was doing "afocal eyepiece projection" I think. It worked, and at the time I was happy. Now? Nah, too hard, and I have better options. But back in the infancy of digital it was earth-shattering, LOL.

The two lines David wrote sum it up.

Gary