Antique phone

Tom Barry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I retired my 2002 Samsung phone this week (my wife said I should bronze it). It still works perfectly, but is very inconvenient. So she got a new one and I inherited the modern one she had. After switching I.D.'s, etc., etc., etc., and using my best Army language when things balked, I'm finally getting the hang of it. I took this photo of Old Paint, however, with the Lumix G1 + Panasonic/Leica 25mm f/1.4:

35974509452_2ac841fc1e_z.jpgPhone1-web by tombarry975, on Flickr

Edited by Tom Barry

I also have a Samsung "dumb" phone, which I rarely use. My laptop (also somewhat ancient) gives me all the access I need or want - and the keyboard is big enough to be useful/usable and not make me crazy. When travelling, I have a notebook that is about the size of an iPad. It doesn't take pictures (for that I have an M2).

Edited by Michael Hiles

I've just started fiddling with the camera in the inherited smartphone, which is a Galaxy S3 dating from 2012. Found that the micro-SD card was long dead and all the nearly 500 photos and videos my wife has taken over time were in the phone's internal storage. Offloaded them to one of my portable hard drives, put in a new micro-SD card and switched phone to use that instead of internal storage. Whenever she's wanted me to, I have asked her to send her favorite smartphone photos to me and I've processed them for sharing with friends and family.   I may try some casual photographs with the phone, but I am a bit old-fashioned and I doubt it will see much use for anything photographic.