Please Help Save My Vacation

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If possible.

When I turn on my V-LUX 114 I get a message "system error Focus". This appears about five seconds after I turn it on. Is there any thing, other than sending it to New Jersey that I can do??

jaapv,

I have been studying the X-Vario, as per your advice. You seem to know my needs better than I do. I was in the army and lived near Wetzlar for two years in the late sixties. Yes, I have always wanted a Leica Camera manufactured in Germany!!

Thank You Very Much

Al Gage

• Like 1

jaapv,

I have been studying the X-Vario, as per your advice. You seem to know my needs better than I do. I was in the army and lived near Wetzlar for two years in the late sixties. Yes, I have always wanted a Leica Camera manufactured in Germany!!

Thank You Very Much

Al Gage

It is probably the most underrated Leica ;)

• Like 1

I hope so because the reviews are terrible.

Do not always believe the reviews. Yes the lens is a little bit slow (people expect fast Leica lenses) but its performance is outstanding. Have a look into the X camera section, XVario photos.

Best

Edited by rjans

rJans,

I appreciate your knowledge. Thank you very much. I'm still away from my home but B&H told me that I still have two years remaining on my warranty. Because of you and jaapv

I'm probably going to buy a used XV anyway.

rJans,

I appreciate your knowledge. Thank you very much. I'm still away from my home but B&H told me that I still have two years remaining on my warranty. Because of you and jaapv

I'm probably going to buy a used XV anyway.

l doubt that you will regret it. Enjoy, but take time with AF.

Just bought one. Soon I will have a German Camera and a repaired Pan-Leica. jaapv....Thank you very much for helping me come to this decision. Hope to be posting XVs late nextweek and V-Lux's whenever the repairs are completed.

• Like 1

Just bought one. Soon I will have a German Camera and a repaired Pan-Leica. jaapv....Thank you very much for helping me come to this decision. Hope to be posting XVs late nextweek and V-Lux's whenever the repairs are completed.

Congratulations with the purchase of the XV. If the electronic viewfinder wasn't included do know that you can use an Olympus viewfinder. The Leica is just the same with a slight different design and Leica in front of it.

Enjoy the XV camera and have a good vacation.

Best