Max shutter actuations on m240?

So I hear that mirroless cameras don't have such a thing as shutter actuations. Im just curious if anyone could shed some light on this topic. Thanks in advance - Anthony T.

It up to the manufacturer to prove the ability to count shutter actuations. Here is the difficulty - in conventional focal plane shutters for mirrorless is that making a photo starts with the shutter open so it can do EVF, then when the shutter is tripped it has to close and then open again for the correct exposure, close and open again for the next image.

Electronic shutters introduce another factor.

Too complicated for my simple mind.

OK pico....finally my curiosity got the best of me ........Braille?

"Do Not Touch" ...right?

I felt like Ralphie with the decoder ring in "A Christmas Story"..
“Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.” :D

It up to the manufacturer to prove the ability to count shutter actuations. Here is the difficulty - in conventional focal plane shutters for mirrorless is that making a photo starts with the shutter open so it can do EVF, then when the shutter is tripped it has to close and then open again for the correct exposure, close and open again for the next image.

Electronic shutters introduce another factor.

Too complicated for my simple mind.

And sadly mirrorless can suffer from shutter shock, especially prevalent with IBIS. The manufacturers have come up with a solution, namely electronic first curtain. Alternatively introducing a delay between first closure and opening to allow oscillations to decay.

OK pico....finally my curiosity got the best of me ........Braille?

"Do Not Touch" ...right?

I felt like Ralphie with the decoder ring in "A Christmas Story"..

“Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.” :D

What's Ovaltine?

Hello JD,

The answer to that question depends on where in the World you are when you ask it.

Best Regards,

Michael

I think Ovaltine and Postum were before my time, or I have selectively blocked them from memory.

Please forgive me for hijacking this topic.
...just wanted to comment on pico's braille coded message. "Do Not Touch"

I forgot that this is an international forum.

I guess I should have used a different reference for decoding a message?

Perhaps The Enigma machine would have been a more universal reference?

To me the decoding scene from the 1983 movie "A Christmas Story" is and American classic.

I  guess it didn't translate internationally.

Thanks to all for letting me be a part of this wonderful group.

Ovaltine (Ovomaltine) is a brand of milk flavoring product made with malt extract (except in the blue packaging in the United States), sugar (except in Switzerland), and whey. Some flavors also have cocoa. Ovaltine, a registered trademark of Associated British Foods, is made by Wander AG, a subsidiary of Twinings which acquired the brand from Novartis in 2003, except in the United States where Nestlé acquired the rights separately from Novartis later on.

Edited by ECohen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...