Tamarkin Lens Grading, Return Policy, and Warranty

RayD28

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm thinking about buying a lens or two from Tamarkin and would like to hear your experiences dealing with them.  Specifically:

1.  Does their rating system accurately reflect what is delivered?

2.  How easy are they accepting returns? 

3.  Has anyone had to use their warranty and were you satisfied?

Feel free to send me a message if you don't want your experience posted in public?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ray

Good guys. You'll be happy buying from them. I've purchased several items, including a used M9 they had to wind up sending to Leica to have the sensor replaced when it developed the corrosion problems so many other M9's have developed. Also purchased a black paint M9, subsequently converted to M9-P specs that was/is beautiful.

I've also purchased several lenses that have all been just as advertised, and a couple of their excellent leather camera straps.

Edited by Gregm61
  • Like 1

I've bought several items from them, in person and by phone:

1. I have found their rating system to be a little harsh, items have always been better than I was expecting.

2. I have never returned anything.

3. 4 months after buying an M2 I found the 1/1000 shutter speed wasn't working. Warranty was quick and easy, I shipped the camera to them and had it back in 2.5 weeks fully functional.

Edited by mikemgb
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'd also add that they price things accordingly; unlike the fantasies of eBay, as well as other vendors who will market things in a broad variety of conditions, they will sell just what's top-grade and then at a price intended to move the item. The son has taken over the business from the father and is eager to maintain the stellar reputation the father spent so many years establishing.

• Like 2

In my limited experiences Dan was very helpful and generous with his time.  One item purchased was returned, he refunded the payment quickly and graciously.   I would not hesitate to work with him again.  

• Like 1

I've bought used Leica equipment from Dan a number of times before.

Excellent service and advicer, and sensible pricing.

I once found a problem with a lens which was understandably missed before it was shipped to me. Dan took the lens back without question, it was serviced and returned to me promptly in perfect condition.

Cannot recommend Tamarkin highly enough.

• Like 1

I have bought a Summicron 35mm with them, great experience.

Their grading is conservative, the lens turned out to beat my expectation.

Never needed to use the return or warranty so can't comment on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...