TL2 freeze problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

But present-day Leicas have a high content of Panasonic DNA and vice-versa. Not that that is a bad thing, nor does it mean that they are the same thing. Gorillas share 98% of DNA with humans.

we all know German and Japanese were a match made in Axis heaven

still funny to see the Dutch Australian alliance defending (my) German DNA

Following Leica Camera AG announcement and their advice ref the 'TL2 freeze lurgy' :

Important Information from Leica Camera AG

When using the Leica TL2 with an external electronic viewfinder (Visoflex) a defect may occur that could stop the camera from working. Regardless of whether this defect affects your camera, we suggest you contact the Leica dealer you purchased it from. The trust our customers place in Leica Camera and our products is extremely important to us and we deeply regret this situation. You can rely on Leica Camera to do its utmost to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I just contacted Ffordes from whom I bought the TL2 and was advised;

'Continue to use the camera if you are happy with it but Leica will replace it in due course … '

So I asked if Leica are replacing all TL2 cameras and the answer was, 'Yes …' 

So I asked , "Can I have a black model next time please ?' … and was advised to request same via email.

Looks as if all TL2 cameras sold to date will be replaced … regardless of whether or not they have the 'freeze lurgy'.    EDIT @28 JULY … INCORRECT ASSUMPTION  … PLEASE IGNORE  …. ONLY DEAD TL2 cameras will be replaced … because following Firmware release 1.1 the 'freeze' problem has been resolved and now OK to use VISO on the TL2 

I'll continue to use mine … no point in not using it as it will be replaced.

No doubt someone's head will be on the chopping block … will be an enormous logistical exercise to recall all TL2 cameras sold and replace them .

But we still do not know what's caused this anomaly ???  

At least Leica are looking after their customers … let's hope the usual naysayers do not try and make too much box office out of this situation … but that's a big hope !

dunk 

Please note above edit i.e. ref: 

"Looks as if all TL2 cameras sold to date will be replaced … regardless of whether or not they have the 'freeze lurgy' " 

EDIT 28 JULY … INCORRECT ASSUMPTION  … PLEASE IGNORE  …. ONLY DEAD TL2 cameras will be replaced … because following Firmware release 1.1 the 'freeze' problem has been resolved and now OK to use VISO on the TL2 

TL2 Firmware 1.1 installed on my TL2 today and all working fine both with and without Viso … and working fine with both TL lenses and legacy lenses.

dunk 
Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 2