Turn Off Auto Review Without Screen

jose.diaz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I've received a damaged M8 from FedEx, namely the screen is completely cracked and useless. It lights up but that's about it. I'm working with the seller to get a refund (presumably he first has to get one from FedEx), but in the meantime I'd like to use it as a (really) poor man's M-D to see if it's worth bothering to try to get another one. Thanks to the instructions on this forum I've already managed to get the ISO back to 160 and it was already on JPG+DNG so no issues there. The problem is the blasted auto review is on so the dead lcd lights up every time I take a picture. It's very annoying. Most of you had the benefit of using an M8 with a working screen before it broke, I have not had such a benefit. I am effectively M8 blind. If someone would be so kind as to give an exact and complete sequence of button pushes (e.g. menu, up 14 times, set, right, set) to change the auto review I would be very appreciative. Firmware is 2.024 (the latest) and it's an original M8 with the 1/8000 shutter.

P.S. Of all the things FedEx had to break it's really a shame it was the screen. Pretty much anything else could've been replaced. No amount of insurance money will put a functional M8 back into the world now...

Edit: I've figured it out using this video:

It's M9 but the menu layout is similar. Using lenshacker's menu post I was able to do

Menu->Up 14 times->Set (Open Auto Review) -> Set (Open Duration) -> Up once (Mine was set at 1 sec, so pushing up once changes it to off) -> Set -> Push shutter to exit menu.

Edited by jose.diaz

• 2 months later...