Failing SL

dancook

i think the preview is written into the file after the actual DNG is processed by the sensor.

anything strange in the EXIF data ?

Nothing,

But it takes ages to export to JPG, and the histogram is taking ages to load - if it ever does.. eventually it did

Edited by dancook

so perhaps a corrupt DNG file..could be the card, but im guessing its possibly the controller for the sd card I/O

did you try shooting  with new freshly formatted card in live view no EVF ? what does it show ?

Nothing,

But it takes ages to export to JPG, and the histogram is taking ages to load - if it ever does.. eventually it did

Edited by frame-it

I got some similar purple-green images a few weeks ago from my T when I mistakenly deleted the .dng files instead of the .jpg files from my SD card and had to use recovery software to retrieve the deleted .dng files.  Also a couple of discolored half-frames.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

so perhaps a corrupt DNG file..could be the card, but im guessing its possibly the controller for the sd card I/O

did you try shooting  with new freshly formatted card in live view no EVF ? what does it show ?

Since the problem resolved itself after disconnecting and reconnecting a lens, I can't recreate the issue now.

nice :) but probably a good idea to use fresh cards and try all the lenses you have :)

curious..was the camera heating up a bit on one side while shooting ?

Since the problem resolved itself after disconnecting and reconnecting a lens, I can't recreate the issue now.

Like others have said this glitch has, rather ironically, radically improved your work! I'd be tempted to keep it as is and by a second SL for everything else. Think of it as like modifying it for IR work for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like others have said this glitch has, rather ironically, radically improved your work! I'd be tempted to keep it as is and by a second SL for everything else. Think of it as like modifying it for IR work for example.

Oh wow, if it can radically improve my work.. I best get practicing

35170900313_5db34a7561_b.jpgPhotoshop by dancook1982, on Flickr

Oh and whilst it's a nice idea, my priorities don't afford me a second SL, although i've contemplated it

Edited by dancook

Do you have another raw-converter than Lightroom, Dan? 

It seems to be an Adobe thing. Leica is working on it as they told me.

I had a look in C1 10 and everything was fine. My file was shown absolutely correct.

no I don't, my C1 trial was up long ago.