Frozen TL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Assuming that all this is correct then I don't think there is any comparison between this and the other recalls mentioned above . . . do you?

Exactly! I couldn’t agree more. Why then are defects in other brands being cited in mitigation of this TL2 production glitch?

However difficult or impossible this defect was to prevent or detect, I’m betting that Leica’s production engineers were mortified that defective cameras got into the hands of customers. To me, that is a correct response and a far cry from the one we’re seeing here.

All the best, Jono, to you and yours!

Edited by euston

Hi Robert

I hope you're well

I agree that this is embarrassing, but if we are to believe what is being said then this is an issue with hardware tolerances combined with a particular combination of settings and a firmware issue and this changed between the test cameras and the production cameras . . . it will not require a recall and it should be fixed within a day or so.

Leica reported the issue really quickly, and have apparently found what causes the problem - they've given temporary advice to existing users so that their cameras won't break and promise a firmware update to fix the issue in the next few days and a promise to replace cameras for those affected (or issue a refund).

Assuming that all this is correct then I don't think there is any comparison between this and the other recalls mentioned above . . . do you?

I agree with this.

These sorts of permutations can be hard to find (I'd be curious about what the actual combination causes the issue - I thought Jono and others had used the camera with the EVF) and I don't think this will be the last time Leica or others have this happen. Embarrassing, but Leica caught it quickly and if there's a solution soon, I think they've handled it well.

Cheers

John

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 4