Frozen TL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow!  This is quite a thread.  I just spent some time scrolling through all of the messages.  I got my TL2 last week and used it until it died.  It's on it's way back to Leica and I will be getting a refund.  I look forward to when it comes back after it is fixed and of course when I buy it again.

For me it's a camera it's not life and death.  I'm not looking at this problem as a failure of epic proportions as some seem to be putting on Leica.  All camera companies have had issues in the past.  I'm disappointed because I was very excited about the camera and enjoyed the time I had with.  It's gone for now.  I can still take photos with something else.  

• Like 7

Wow!  This is quite a thread.  I just spent some time scrolling through all of the messages.  I got my TL2 last week and used it until it died.  It's on it's way back to Leica and I will be getting a refund.  I look forward to when it comes back after it is fixed and of course when I buy it again.

For me it's a camera it's not life and death.  I'm not looking at this problem as a failure of epic proportions as some seem to be putting on Leica.  All camera companies have had issues in the past.  I'm disappointed because I was very excited about the camera and enjoyed the time I had with.  It's gone for now.  I can still take photos with something else.  

Can you confirm if you were using Visioflex? I received mine a couple of hours ago and been shooting stuff indoor. So far so good. I dont have a Visioflex tho so I think I should be good. 

Can you confirm if you were using Visioflex? I received mine a couple of hours ago and been shooting stuff indoor. So far so good. I dont have a Visioflex tho so I think I should be good. 

Yes I was using the Visoflex most of the time.

1) You have NO idea how actually large or small the pool was. Are you directly involved, or did Leica call you and give you a scoop? "Hey, pally, youse knows we has only like three field-testers, and we wants youse to shut your mouth about it, Capiche?

2) boring

3) You need autocorrect?

You are best to be ignored. Ciao.

• Like 1

Incorrect on both counts. I never buy anything that I consider overpriced and overhyped. It never fails to amaze me that people do and complain afterwards.

Interesting, how would one know whether something is overhyped and overpriced if they have not experience both the buying and the using of said product and come to the conclusion that it is what it is... so of course complaining can only be done once conclusion has been obtained...

I am of course not as august as yourself in terms of not buying into anything that is overhype and overprice... I wonder whether Leica S is considered as one since I bought 3 times into it....

Edited by xiaubauu2009

For goodness sake get a grip folks !  :rolleyes:

These issues are very soon forgotten .......

Have sales or the reputation of the 50/2 APO been permanently damaged by the flare issue that resulted in recalling most of them and then a 6 month gap whilst they sorted out the production/design issues ?

....... and the issue of the nice Portuguese worker who forgot to put Loctite on the strap lugs of the M so they had an alarming tendency to fall off ..... ?  I suggest not. 

plus there was an issue with the original T where the wheels malfunctioned when GPS was switched on ....... and I could go on......

There is always a disproportionate rumpus about these things at the time .... which are completely forgotten about once they are sorted. 

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 5

You're fine without the Visoflex:-)

Well, my lovely day-old TL2 has morphed into a paperweight. Completely dead. I had recharged the battery last night so it can't be dead, but I'm charging it again. If that's not it I must head back to the Leica Store.

Has anyone else had this experience? Could I be missing something?

- Vikas

After I returned the TL2 and Visoflex to the Leica Store as the camera went dead, I found a used T on eBay for a low price. The camera I got appears to be one of the very first ones produced which were refurbished by Leica - hence its low price. I am positively surprised by the excellent image quality - which surpasses all the 4/3 I have used (from Olympus and Panasonic) - except maybe the GH5 that my wife uses. I will patiently wait to see how and when a new TL2 is put back on the market...

• Like 5

Many years ago I bought a Leica R4, the first R electronic from Leica. After some time the camera during a holiday trip, was dead for a faulty electronic circuitry. Leica repair it and since then I had no problems with it. Troubles are ever present in new models.

Interesting, how would one know whether something is overhyped and overpriced if they have not experience both the buying and the using of said product and come to the conclusion that it is what it is... so of course complaining can only be done once conclusion has been obtained...

I am of course not as august as yourself in terms of not buying into anything that is overhype and overprice... I wonder whether Leica S is considered as one since I bought 3 times into it....

Well, I tend to gather some info on items that I purchase before I do so... Buying impulsively and blind does not work very well in my experience.

Well, I tend to gather some info on items that I purchase before I do so... Buying impulsively and blind does not work very well in my experience.

Leica employs beta testers on whom forum members rely and reading their reviews and deciding to buy e.g. the TL2 (as I did) is in no way impulsive … or buying blind. 

I find your remark offensive and ill-considered.

dunk 

• Like 1

Rather disrespectful assumption, don't you think?

All is right with the world again :-)

• Like 2

A fix for the TL is expected next week. I'm assuming it will be another week then before the local Leica Store re-stocks the corrected cameras. I've asked the store hold on and not credit back my money to the card and just let me have the camera as soon as they receive the stock. I know a lot of excitement has been generated by this but I think this is a sfast resolution to a problem.

The problem should not have occurred but these things do from time to time. Leica reacted fast and responsibly.

- Vikas

• Like 1

Towards whom? Just stating my modus operandi... I tend to research before I buy, assuming nothing.

Don't be perverse - the implication was clear. Your "modus operandi" is "to gather some information on items that [you] purchase before [you] do so" and very right and proper too. Meanwhile, the rest of us, and by clear implication anyone who has bought a TL2, buy "impulsively and blind", and very silly we are too!

Don't be perverse - the implication was clear. Your "modus operandi" is "to gather some information on items that [you] purchase before [you] do so" and very right and proper too. Meanwhile, the rest of us, and by clear implication anyone who has bought a TL2, buy "impulsively and blind", and very silly we are too

That's how the comment came across to me too … and it makes a nonsense of forum etiquette which moderators should practise and lead by good example. 

dunk

That's how the comment came across to me too … and it makes a nonsense of forum etiquette which moderators should practise and lead by good example. 

dunk

I don't want to step in the middle of a new argument but I suspect that Jaapv's original comment was not meant to be disrespectful though I think that "impulsively and blind" comment did reflect a bit of unnecessary irritation. But things do get heated and mistakes happen with the best of us.

The freezing TL2 being an example as well!!